Monday, February 23, 2015

INCOMPLETE

DSCN5485
Yes 80 is a lot of candles.
I think there were 80 balloons too.

Dad said  a few words and then the balloons come falling down on him from the upstairs balcony.  All the rest of them.

Ava said it well in her card;
"All these years you have been someone I’ve respected, enjoyed, and even been a little bit intimidated  by (not any more) and loved very much.
You're one of my favorite people to talk to-and you definitely have the best stories.
DSCN5478Thanks for being in our lives  and loving us back."
 
 Many kind words were expressed in cards and phone calls etc.
   
Yes, it does not seem complete when some people are missing.

Dad and I rested and enjoyed hockey and curling.
    
P2220006
I walked over to Boundary  Park and had a walk around.
Dad drove over and joined me.  Lots of people and dogs walking.
P2220004
It would appear that there have been many scholars searching for the historical Jesus and more new books appearing every week.  Will we ever have the complete picture? .

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Randy and I had a pretty quiet day. A quick trip to Rona and then I worked in the garden a bit before headiing up to the computer and doing my school work and work work while Randy watched movies.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

So Sandra and Randy who cooked supper and what did you have?

I wonder what Carol wants to do for her birthday coming up?

I have to decide if I want to go to a volunteer thank you party at the senior's home on Thursday It is a pizza party so I would take my own and I would want dad to drive me.

I know they would like me to come.

Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

How nice that your adopted family were at the birthday party too and such caring words from Ava....you did a very kind thing by mentoring them in their time of need.

We watched the curling and were so happy Jennifer Jones won it. Now they will be off to Saporo Japan for the world curling....in March.
The mens Briar starts on Saturday so we will have another nine days off curling and I will be getting a " square bum".
I need to go for a good walk each day, regardless of the cold weather. Max and Bella had almost all their fur shaved off so they cannot come for a walk...even with sweaters. They both had mats ....but now I know to use a steel comb on them...no more mats.

It is really stormy here, I would think blizzard conditions so I cancelled my doctor's appointment. Visibilty on the highway would be very poor and driving along the river where it is open...( no bush ) it would be terrible...so I will go another time.

I made Carl some cranberry/ orange muffins and cheated on my diet and ate a half of a muffin. Going to make some ginger cookies now...not gluten free....for Carl.

Glad to see you had a walk to Boundry Park....not sure how far that is, but so happy for you that you can go further and you are feeling stronger,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Dad had a good bike ride but hurt his leg when he was getting ready to go.

I had a big rest in the afternoon so we did not go out and do some things we were planning. Dad was happy on the computer and now it is news time already. We had lunch on the front porch where it gets lovely and warm.
It is hard to make things you cannot eat and then it is tempting.
Too bad your weather is still bad take care love beth

Anonymous said...

matthew did his homework in 5 mins....Jasmine , well , she tends to drag ...writing her three letters ...takes forever .
Melina working until 9pm tonight. I am making lasagne and fries for dinner , apple pie for desert.
Got my car back yesterday, new starter( well second hand ) $160 , not too bad.
Ken