Friday, February 20, 2015

STORMY WEATHER

P2201722
Stormy weather everywhere but here.  Looks like another spring like day here for the gathering of the family and friends to celebrate dad’s 80th birthday.  Down east there has been a historic big chill with tons of snow and ice.  Australia was hit by two cyclones but not near Ken I believe.

Sandra came over and we had lunch together.  She is going to make dad's favorite cake which is just about any one.  Carol and Panteli were putting furniture together and getting ready for us all.

When I got home Kim was in the kitchen cutting and chopping things to take to-day.  I went up to get the bedroom ready for Rick.

It will be an early start for everyone to-morrow.

Signs of spring are everywhere.  The children playing hockey on the road, allergies  that cause itchy eyes, squirrels chasing each other up the tree along with all the new growth.

I am excited to see family we have not seen for awhile.  Even at Christmas we were not all together.

Yes I will take my camera.

The book I am reading is The Evolution of Faith by Philip Gulley.

"But our first step (towards a new Christianity) is long overdue-our simple admission that the church holds no monopoly on truth.  Almost every culture, race, and generation speak of some mystical encounter with the Divine Presence.  Let us apply ourselves to creating heaven on earth for those who suffer."

1 comment:

nancy-Lou said...

WOW, a big day ahead for you and Larry! How exciting it must be to celebrate such a great achievement with family and friends. I look forward to hearing all about it tomorrow and seeing some pictures.

I was surprised to see you are reading a Phillip Gulley book too! It must have been a co-incidence that I asked you about Quakers and here you were reading this! The books that I am reading are called Front Porch tales and oh oh I cannot find the title...it is about being a Quaker and explains a lot about their belief.

Front Porch tales are very enjoyable so far...they are short stories about the simple but meaningful things in life. I think Carl would enjoy them too.

Well the curling semifinal started..so have to go

have a wonderful day, filled with happiness and good food.

Happy Birthday once again, Larry!

Love, Nancy