Monday, February 2, 2015

UGLY

P2011576
My garden looks very ugly right now with so much old dry leaves and sticks lying around.  I try to do a bit each day but there is no improvement.  Dad brought me these little ornaments to cheer it up a bit and they make people smile as they pass by.

I went for a good walk but was annoyed at people just throwing their garbage out the window of their cars and making the street very ugly looking.  Fortunately my mood improved as we join friends for church and for lunch afterwards.
P2011578It was good to know Kim was doing a house cleaning while we were at church.  .she let us know she would be having the music up loud as she cleaned up the house.    Dad had a substantial meal but they had no gluten free items so yes  I  had a salad.

Then Carol phoned and asked us for supper as Oliver would be driving through but Sandra had already phoned to invite us over to watch the game.   So we two invitations.  We would have like to see how things were going at Carol and Panteli's and also to see Oliver.   I do not know if Oliver is coming back here or not for the night.   Kim  was hoping he would go play soccer with her team and her wish was granted.

Dad really wanted to see the game.

When we arrived at Sandra and Randy's they were having a cook-off.  Randy was making  spicey shrimp.  Sandra her famous beef stew.  A warm fire place greeted us the delicious smell of cooking.
P2011579
The game was not too exciting until the end.
P2011582
It was funny at church the minister was talking about the ugly side of life when a bad mood may hit anyone of us.  Especially it is hard for those suffering with depression.  I had already started my blog.
Knowing that God’s love surrounds us all is a real blessing.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Hmm, I think the correct wording would be I accepted your offer to come over. : )

Up early studying until I have to leave at 9:15.

It will be a very long exhausting day.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Good luck on all your testing Sandra.
We will know who to call if we need first aid or make a decision to call the ambulance.
Your brain must be well used.
Oliver slept over and Kim made breakfast with the eggs I walked over to the store to purchase.
Interesting to hear lots of stories.
love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Salads....yes that is usually the only safe thing to eat when at a restaurant. Sometimes I have an omelet with hash browns too. NO toast!

Now that sounds like a good day...church, lunch out and then supper at your daughter's.

Nice picture of Kim and OLiver, Beth.

My garden is sleeping under a blanket of snow...but it will be UGLY in late March when the snow is melting. My least favourite season...early, dirty spring.

BUT late spring is absolutely beautiful at VB.

Love, Nancy



beth bennett said...

Yes early dirty spring describes it.

Mama Lee said...

Your garden ornaments are really cute! I like putting a lot in my garden also as it just makes it comes more alive no matter what time of the year it is.

Dan's reflection time was very good on Sunday.