Monday, February 2, 2015

INTELLIGENCE

P1241488
My  computer shut down completely.  I figure the new intelligent  gang had read my title and I was put on a shut down list.  Ha Ha

Some where, some how it was unplugged and no power was getting through.Another rainy day, it was a lighter off and on rain, yesterday.

I asked Kim and Oliver at breakfast if they wanted to go for a walk with me.  Sorry Gama just too busy.  Kim was off to school and Oliver wanted to catch an early ferry.  I decided to take Haiti who is always willing.  Even though it was raining a walk felt good.

Had a long talk to my friend who is going through a very difficult time.  We both have lived a long life and have gone through many hard times.  We both are fairly intelligent but finding an answer to her problems would be heartbreaking no matter what she finally chooses to do.  Somehow we believe life at our age should be simpler but even grown children can be problems.
 
Dad and I see a lot of poor planning everywhere we go.  With a little intelligence things could have been done a lot better.
 
As Christians I believe we are being more aware that intelligence is important in our faith.  The Bible,  a book written by so many and at a lot of different times and cultures is bound to be  inerrant aso we cannot always see the scriptures literally.  It is an ancient and historical requiring intelligent study that can change early views.  A sacred book of wisdom and truth.
 
Salvation is primarily about transformation  in this world.  Words written by Marcus Borg.
 
The way is not in the sky .  The way is in the heart.   -Buddha
 
Whatever thy hand finds to do, do it with all thy heart.  -Jesus
 
Does the heart possess an intelligence that far surpasses that of the mind?

New science has given my brain permission to believe in the intelligence of the heart. -Howard Martin.
 
 

1 comment:

nancy-Lou said...

It must have been the little gremlin that unplugged your computer! I am glad to know that all is well, Beth! ITh missed your post yesterday morning.

The Buddha quotes are favourites of mine...Buddha was intelligent wasn't he?
The way is in the heart...how true.

Yes, even though we are seniors and our adult children are grown up, we still have worries about them, don't we? We also have many delightful things to be so happy about too. Yin and Yang once again.

Salvation is about transformation is a puzzling quote to me.

Love, Nancy