Friday, February 20, 2015

SURPRISED

P2171699
These flowers always seem to surprise me when they seem to bloom all of a sudden. 

As I leave for the Seniors home dad is looking woefully out the window at the light rain falling.  It is cold and does not look too inviting for a ride on his bike.  He decides to wait and go later.

I arrive at the home to find all the Korean people streaming to the dining room dressed with party hats to celebrate the Chinese New Year.  After a short visit with Jim I go and ask Joyce if she would like to come and see what is going on.  She is always glad to get out of her room and she walks very well too.

We both sit down at the back when the music starts playing boom,  boom  like for a stripper I would imagine.  Out from behind a belly dancer appears and starts dancing with great enthusiasm.  She had veils used them to fly all around her.  I think Joyce and I were a little shocked but the elderly Koreans seem to respond by clapping and laughing.  Some even got up and danced.
 
We stayed for awhile and then decided we would just as soon visit than watch especially as it was very noisy. 

Last week we were laughing about the baby shower this week it was about the belly dancer!. 

``One must nurture the joy in one`s life so that it reaches full bloom.`` -Maya Angelou
  

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Hmm, that sounds like the kind of home I would like to end up at one day.

Yes, everything in my yard has decided it is spring and has started to grow. I sure hope winter does not come now and kill it all

Randy has been put on a diet by Dr Nolte. So now we have a grumpy grampy as he likes to call himself.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

There is quite an art to belly-dancing. Too bad you didn't stay to the end, but I guess it was noisy. Belly-dancing is sort of like Yoga. Maybe. Ha ha.

Anyway, see you tomorrow for the big party at at Carol's place!

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

Isn't that the funniest thing...a belly dancer in a senior's home? I am sure the men enjoyed it! Maybe some ladies!

Beth, I thank-you for the name of the Quaker writer, Phillip Gulley. I ordered two of his books from Amazon and already have started reading both....just a peek to see what they were all about. It will be early to bed tonight with my warm blankie on low and a good book.
Have you read any of his books?

Have to go and make lunch. WE are having left overs...Riz Eyukuni, a lebanese dish that we had for supper last night. It is like a hamburger stew, but traditionally made with lamb, but I used hamburger. It is served with rice and cinnamon is sprinkled on top.
I wonder if Ron Ateah and his family ever made it? It is popular amongst the ATeah's here.

Have to run and heat it up,

Love, Nancy

larry bennett said...

I will ask Ron when we see him to-morrow.
Love beth.