Saturday, February 28, 2015

CONTEMPLATION

P2270048
The sun and I seem to be getting up at the same time. I contemplate what I am going to do for the day ahead.

"Silence is the great teacher and to learn it's lessons you must pay attention to it. there is no substitute for the creative inspiration, knowledge and stability that comes from knowing how to contact your inner core of silence."
-  -Deepak Chopra

Knowing that all will be well and this day will enfold as others have, starting with a plan then things just happening.

P2270041Kim went to Chilliwack on Thursday so I will begin the day after coffee and toast with a walk with Haiti.   The park too, is quiet which is fine by me.  We continue on and I meet one of my old friends
and Haiti sits as we talk for a while.  We have similar stories as she tells me about  her  daughters also adopting two orphan dogs and cats
.
We walk down as far as the creek then head back to home.  I enjoy the peace and quiet of our walk that enables me to be present in the moment.  I breath deeply, in and out, focusing on the happiness that I feel more and more.  It is the joy of being loved and accepted.

Dad and I make a quick trip to the library where I come home with a bag full of books.  We stop by the store to get groceries
the necessities like bread and milk and eggs and cookies for dad.
Kim returns home and goes over to the fruit and vegetable stand near our place.

The day just flies by as first Carol comes for a visit and then is joined by Panteli.  She and Sandra are going shopping for her birthday and they will both enjoy that.  Dad and I will join them for a birthday supper later.

When they leave, our neighbor Linda comes over to tell us her dad has passed away when on holiday in Mexico..  Sad news but not unexpected as he is 95.  Dad and I both enjoyed his friendship and will remember the happy moments we shared.  It was good that Linda could come and share this news with us and I hope it gave her some comfort. 

Dad had also been a good listener to our friend Bob when they had lunch together.

Sharing my day walking in the park with Haiti green grass and blue skies,
and sharing it with visits from family and friends was a blessing.


Love connects us with each other.

Happy Birthday Carol!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

He was on a vacation in Mexico at 95? I guess there must be parts of Mexico that are very nice, just we only saw the touristy one and we did not like it.

Silence, and it's cousin boredom are very important and something that is missing a lot now.

One of my visualizations to fall asleep is from a childhood memory of lying on my back in tall grass watching the clouds float by. Nothing to do but dream.

nancy-Lou said...

The sun will be getting up an hour later a week tomorrow as we move the clocks ahead an hour. I like the extra hour of daylight at the end of the day. One feels as though spring is coming.

Your walk with Haiti sounds so nice, Beth. Communing with nature is my favourite thing to do. I remember sitting on the cliff overlooking the lake last spring listening to the tinkle of the ice as it melted and the calls of the group of Merganser ducks as they were swimming and feeding in an open patch of water. It was pure magic.
I see the every spring as they stop over on their way north to nest. Sometimes in the fall too. They are Canada's largest duck...the size of a small goose, with a crest on their head.

I taught one of my students this morning...she plays in the Winnipeg Music Festival tonight...hoping she receives a medal. She is entered in another category on Tuesday. I have four students playing in it this year. A great experience for them.
s

Have a nice birthday supper with Carol and family tonight.

Love, Nancy