Monday, February 9, 2015

TIME OUT

P2081632
“We look to see the creating Spirit in all things.”

“We come to sing Creation’s song and to work joyfully with the creative power of the Sacred Composer who calls us to be a part of the symphony of creation”

Free us from restless worry, the build up of guilt, the busy mindedness, which leaves us no room for the Sacred  song of creation, the song of grace that plays in all our hearts.
Open  us to Your Grace and your Powerful Word!

Beautiful words meant to speak to each one of us at church as we sit in our pews.  Yet it is hard to absorb them when we have been told our minister is taking “a time out” a stress leave as depression has weighed down his soul so that these words are just intellectual and the  the beauty of the Sacred  cannot seem to  penetrate the darkness of his soul.

We have known  he battles with depression but it is sad to hear this news.  This is from a kind and caring person who cares deeply about all the members of his church and visits regularly and cheerfully. His troubles are increasing and affecting his preaching so everyone realizes that he needs time to overcome stress and worry.  Extremely brilliant people can be perfectionists. 

Someone will come to replace him and the congregation that is a community will support each other.

Dad and I go out to lunch with Bob whose wife is very ill and so far they cannot find out what is wrong.  She too is exhausted. 

Jane and Geof experience a front end collision when she was driving in the darkness of the rain to Geof's birthday party.  Thankfully no one was hurt.


P2081627After church dad and I take Haiti for a walk in the forest.  She visits with the dog behind the fence.

Haiti knows all about time out as she is put in the laundry room when she is naughty.

Got a nice phone call from Shawna checking up and cheering me on.

Sandra phone to invite us to dinner.  Good news!

6 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Sad to hear your minister has to take a leave from church. I think it must be difficult times for ministers with the falling numbers of people in the pews and changes in the way people are thinking about religion.

Our minister, Judy, is a great minister, but she too, had to take a leave of absence for a few months. I didn't know until recently that the evangelical minister in our area had some very unkind words towards her. She is gay and lives in a partnership with Merna. It is a shame that people judge gay folks. When Judy first arrived, about 25% of the parishoners left. It was hard for me to believe...she is one of the kindest and fun person you could meet.
I think she would rather have a coffee house type of worship.. with a lot more participation from everyone.
which sounds great to me..dropping all that old fashioned stuff...( which I used to like ). But I don't think it would pay her salary.

The gallery wants to carry my work...so I am taking in four of my paintings this week. I am so glad...marketing my work is getting to be too hard! I will send you a link once they are up on their website.

Isnt it wonderful to have a dog in the house?They keep us active and bring us much happiness. Mine dogs have a " time out" in the bedroom..especially when they bark at the deer in the yard.
Yestereday, while I was feeding the birds there were four does watching and one walked right up to me and ate seeds out of the pail. Her fawn is quite small and seemed very hungry so I fed her an extra meal. She was born late...in late July.

Hope you get out for a good walk today.....the weather looks so nice...I saw a pic of Randy in shorts and short sleeves...wow.

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Nancy that is great news about the gallery carrying your work. You do beautiful tasteful and artistic paintings that speak to the heart.

Yes, not an easy time for ministers. I like the thought of a coffee house ministry. But things have to be financially supported.

Kim has gone into town to help with family day activities with the children.

I am off for a walk and will take Haiti for a second walk which she loves.

Dinner at Sandra's and I am gaining some new insights about the brain. So much to learn.

love beth

Steady-as-rain said...

I am sorry that your Minister is afflicted with depression. It is so often the case that those that care for others sometimes aren't able to care for themselves.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Good comment Rick.

See you soon.

love mom

Sandra said...

Was that upside down some type of brain test, or were you inviting us all to look at the world from a different angle?

Starting to look around for the coming summer projects. Broached the subject of me taking over the front yard with a much larger garden and Randy did not put up a fight.

Always makes me wonder when he does that, what is he up to that he is letting me have my way. I better get out there digging really soon before he changes his mind.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

I am laughing at Sandra's comments...is that some kind of a brain test? Well the photo did have me wondering too!
Sandra, I can see you Mother's sense of humour comes through in you too. I sure had a good chuckle.
I see the sense of humour in Rick's writings sometimes too.
I think Beth was just trying to see if we were on our toes this morning! LOL

Love, Nancy