Sunday, February 15, 2015

COMPASSION

P2111654
Love is about compassion and commitment learning to be more aware of the feelings of another..  Marriage means sharing the joys and sorrows of life.  This is a maturing process that involves the heart/brain/body and expressing love in small acts of kindness.  Compassion involves caring and sharing that helps us to appreciate the creativity and energy of another.

Love is about allowing emotions to change the brain and mind so that new energy flows through all our daily experiences. Becoming more fully alive knowing who you are and what your purpose is and what you can give to a world that needs love not war to help find peace that we all desire. I write as one still learning and
maturing and my desire is to speak more kindly and become more compassionate.

Compassion means to feel with the other which is the meaning behind the Golden Rule, which is common to all faiths.  It is compassion that brings us deeper awareness of how much we all need to feel loved and accepted.

Had a good day yesterday looked for clothes and went to the library and tired myself out.

Dad and I will probably heed to church in a sedate fashion.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Randy and I are off to Lighthouse Park today in West Vancouver. Hope the fog clears so we get some good pictures.

nancy-Lou said...

Well, you must be feeling better if you are looking at clothes, Beth! It always makes us feel really good doesn't it?

I don't know if it is because I am " an old broad" now, but I find compassion something that is lacking in some of the younger generation. Not all....just a few more than our generation...but enough to make a difference. They seem to be more self centered.

The curling Tournament of Heart is on all week....are you and Larry watching it? Carl and I are, but I cannot fine the time to watch all three games each day. I need to work on getting information together for a series of workshops I will be teaching at the Gwen Fox Gallery this spring.

It is cold again, darn it, so the dogs cannot go for a walk, once again. Anything below -18 is just too cold. But soon enough it will be warmer and we can get back in to our daily schedule. We all miss the walks.

Have a blessed Sunday, BEth and Larry

Sandra...I hope you can post some pics of Lighthouse Park, I would love to see them.

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

The fog is clearing here so that is a good sign.
Love to see your pictures too.
I was just thinking dad and I should go for a little drive one of these days.

love mom

Anonymous said...

Matthew won pupil of the week today for his story" What I did on my summer holidays" Very hot last night hard to sleep. much cooler today.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Good for Mathew you must be very proud of him.

Dad and I enjoyed the video of them making big splashes in their pool.

Yes it is hard to sleep when it is too hot.

Hope all goes well at the dentist.

Love mom