Saturday, February 7, 2015

BOUNDARY PARK

P2061612
A cold rainy windy day and there I was home reading my book called
“The Dark side of the rainbow”
 about two boys growing up in South Africa one dark and one white.”  A story based on true life events of white owners of a ranch with black labourers.  There are lots of tragic stories of a young 10 tear old girl raped because of the belief that sex with a virgin girl cures aids, an alcoholic womanizer who destroys his life and the life of his family, a black preacher who sons are kidnapped in retribution  when he refuses to hold subversive meetings in his church.  It is one of those stories you get caught up in.

Dad went in to help Carol and Panteli as there seems to be lots to do.  There new stove was not working so they had a repairman out to fix it.  They had to drive back here to get a part and stopped in to see if Kim and I wanted to go for pizza.  Kim went.

P2061609I had finally got motivated to walk to Boundary Park about 1 kilometer which I use to do regularly; but I came home with my legs aching a lot.  My energy level is better so it was disappointing to feel so tired out afterwards.

But I had my book to return to.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge"
Thomas Carlyle

4 comments:

Sandra said...

We put off our walk with the dogs until the rain slowed down a bit. Randy has been bringing home wheat lately from work to feed the ducks. I told him it has to just a treat for them, but he has a hard time not going every day.

They are still working on the light switches?

We went to Chapters in Langley and then to the thrift store. Randy got a "new" desk made in 1956. He wanted a wider desk to build his models on.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Good for you Randy feeding the ducks. We are not allowed to feed the ducks at Boundary Park. Inly saw two yesterday I think the rest where sleeping.
Good luck finding your desk Randy.
We find Chapters at Langley can have a better selection and the Milestones is there.
Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

What a pleasure it is to feed the ducks. I remember doing this at Rathtrevor Park. All that "quaking" going on! I do miss it.

Good for you, Beth, going a little further to your park. I think your legs will get stronger as you persevere.

Your book sounds interesting. Isn't it funny how we can become absorbed in a book and can't wait to get back to reading it? I just started a new book called "The Orphan Train" based on a true story. It is one that "hooks" you in early...so I can hardly wait to go to bed early this evening and read. I don 't get much reading done in the daytime.

Soo good news regarding my paintings. The Birchwood Art Gallery in Winnipeg likes my work and wants me to bring in some....so I am working on my portfolio today. They are one of the leading galleries in the city...so hopefully will make some sales.

We have about 10 inches of snow overnight and so far today....it is very pretty out. with snow on the trees.
The birds are starting to come to the feeder now and it is getting lighter so I must go out and clear off the snow and feed them. They were all hiding when it was snowing really hard.

Have a good day with your book!\
Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Nice and cool today. Terrible hot night. Not much sleep with cats and dogs making a racket all night.
Ken