Sunday, March 1, 2015

YOUNGER

Another beautiful sunny day after a cold night.

More trees are coming out in bud and more birds are singing to greet the new dawn.

Dad and I had lots of fun visiting Kim at her College.  There was  the class where they have their pottery  displayed and the work they have done is amazing.

We saw her friend making something on the pottery wheel. It looks like hard work and messy but she was doing a good job. Too bad we missed Kim doing her turn.


P2280063
Then we went up-stairs to see some of her art work.
She has started drawing a picture of herself and Haiti.  It is a huge picture and certainly captures their relationship.  What a fun place to be going to school.
P2280074P2280075

 It makes you feel younger just to be there with all the young people.
They are so happy and bright and full of life.

Dad and I enjoyed going out with Carol and Panteli, who also make us feel young.
Dad was telling stories about his days as a controller and how  it was more stressful way back then.
More of dad's unbelievable stories!

I  think it is good to try to feel younger than you really are and it sure helps being with younger ones. Of course there are things I cannot do any more but every day is a new day a day to appreciate the good things in life.  Even as we get older life can be meaningful nourished by our past experiences with the knowledge that there are many new opportunities to find happiness at any age.

The goal is to attain a youthfulness of heart and mind even when our bodies creak and groan a bit!

Yes, we may be a little forgetful but keeping a sense of humor is the best remedy to keeping younger.

5 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Just seeing the pictures of the art school with the amazing work the students are doing made me feel younger too, Beth!
Kim's large drawing/painting of her and Haiti is amazing...what a challenge it is to work on such a large piece. She is so talented. thanks for sharing the photos .....I really enjoyed them. Kim...keep up the good work!

Your supper with Carol and Panteli sounds like the perfect way to celebrate her birthday.

Winter still has us firmly in it's icy grip. The temperatures have moderated to -12 today and that means the dogs and I can go for the first walk in about 6 weeks. They really need to get out...poor guys! me too! March can be a very stormy month with spring trying to get in the door and winter pushing back. I am glad we don't have many appointments for this month.

I miss the coast and the singing birds and flowers...also around this time is the herring fishing and we had a front row seat for many years at the house we rented.

Have a wonderful Sunday,

Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

I felt kind of bad dragging Carol around shopping, when I first asked her I had forgotten it was her birthday that day.

I had a quick Skype with Mary and Simone this morning, the internet connection was not very good.

Homework today and then maybe outside to putter around in the yard and make plans for the summer.

beth bennett said...

No church this morning as dad and I will go to Lee and Dave's 50th Anniversary tea at their daughters and then to the bird sanctuary for a short walk and a picnic.
I have to take care not to do too much as then I get over-tired.
The sun is not quite as bright this morning but hope it warms up. Enjoy your day Sandra and Nancy
Love beth

Anonymous said...

I worked late last night. Off to surgury this afternoon. Five days of drinking my meals. . Glad spring has arrived. I think we have sen the last of our really hot days.
Ken

larry bennett said...

Hope all goes well with your surgery Ken. You are in my prayers.
love mom