Thursday, March 19, 2015

VALUES

P3160263
What a joy to have another sunny day, yesterday.   Too bad I did not take advantage of it except to go for a short walk.  Dad also had a quiet day;  a lot of time trying to do something with my computer and still looking for those pesky ancestors and re-organizing some files.

 Kim went off to swim at the pool at Carol and Panteli's house.  I am sure it would help her feel good.  She has now planned a trip to the Grand Cayman for April 30.  So she has more wild adventures coming her way.

Theresa is planning to go back to school to up-grade her statics and maybe become a teacher.  She has done an excellent job with both Morgan and Ben.  They are both polite and helpful as well as creative!

Congratulations to Michael John winning an award at Mac Master University.  He looks like the author who lived like a Jew for a year with his big beard.  Certainly a handsome one.


One of the values I picked up during years has been the value of continuing to learn.  I learned a lot at church like taking on leadership roles.  For me it was a risk and a challenge.  I also learn the value of giving especially to those less fortunate as well as to support the ministry of our church.  Now a days children can take food for the food bank to help the poor and hungry.

P3150249I also believe giving our time listening and visiting is extremely important.

I am looking forward to our trip to Ucluelet especially the time we will have together and seeing where Oliver lives and visiting him too!

A rainy morning for a walk with Haiti to the park, then off to get my past port in White Rock and then put on my visiting shoes to go visiting.

I will press publish now just because I still like to be a little unpredictable!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Hmm, I hit post earlier but no comment stuck. I hope you are saving up your energy for your exciting weekend.

larry bennett said...

Yes, I cut my visiting short. Dad put Kim's salmon bake in the oven and we all had an early supper.

To-morrow I will let |Mary's daughter know we will be away and also let Gundy know.

Doing much better today. Have a great week-end!

love mom

nancy-Lou said...

How wonderful to have that trip to Ucluelet to look forward to! That was such a thoughtful gift for you and Larry.

Are you flying over and staying in one of those new hotels?

How long are you staying?

I much prefer Ucluelet to the more touristy town of Tofino. We have many fond memories of staying there and going for such interesting walks.

Yesterday was such a stressful day, trying to deal with the mouse nest that was found in the spare tire compartment of our van. The problem is Hanta virus, which is carried by deer mice. It has killed two people that we know of, here is Victoria Beach.Two confirmed cases.

Autopac, which is our government insurer wants to tow the van away to their compound and either write it off or have it de-contaminated ( they wear hasmat suits which takes weeks...and we would be without a vehicle....so it is choices for us. We have been driving the van with the nest for months and aren't sick. Soo what to do!
We certainly cannot be without a vehicle.
Today I am working on the art project for the Sunday school. I am drawing noah's ark and a rainbow on a large piece of paper. Judy, our minister and I will help the children paint it tomorrow. Should be a fun time.
Have a good day

Love, Nancy



beth bennett said...

Nancy what a frightful situation. I hope you can get help or advice. Dealing with something so dangerous is not worth your life.

Theresa is driving her big van over. Ben and Morgan and Carol are all coming. Some will stay with Oliver but we have a room in a hotel.

A real adventure for us!

Be careful.

Praying for wisdom and protection.

love beth

nancy-Lou said...

WOW....that sounds like a very exciting time for you and Larry and your family.
The ferry ride and that beautiful drive to Ucluelet.

Have an amazing holiday. We will be looking forward to pictures....I will miss your blog, but know you will be having tons of fun!

Love, Nancy