Tuesday, March 24, 2015

THE HAPPY WANDERERS

P3210330
P3210329
Yes the happy wanderers have returned,  Dad and I had a wonderful holiday and want to thank our family once again for arranging and paying our way.

We all piled into Theresa's car the children way at the back.  Carol and dad in the next seat and I was up front with Theresa.  She is a extremely good driver and took all the twists and turns like a professional and I never felt car sick at all.
My goal is to take  pictures that are natural but not always polished!

P3210342P3210331
I took lots of pictures but mainly the family was important.



P3210382Finally we arrive at Oliver's house and fell in love with it.  It is a perfect size and he has it fixed up so creatively.  I was too excited to really stop and take this happy moment,  Oliver had just come back from surfing and was trying to polish up a very clean and neat and tidy place.  A cottage feeling that welcome you in with it's warmth and charm.

Lots of windows create beautiful light.
He has a small eating area in the kitchen and a cozy sitting area with a fire place.
He chops his own wood and does his own cooking.  He surfs everyday when he is not working on the Coast Guard boat.  He plays music with a band when he can and also does yoga.  The right girl has not come along yet!
P3210395






P3210406

Everyone helped to shop and cook the meals and clean.  What delicious meals we had starting with stew and baking powder biscuits for supper and in the morning bacon and eggs and French toast.

Lots more pictures which will tell how I lived every minute of it.  Looking at the glowing faces surrounding me I had pinch myself to believe it was real.

Oliver you were a wonderful host and made us all feel at home.

Ben was so excited when you took him surfing in one of the best surfing places in Canada.

Dad and I are so blessed to be loved with so much consideration and thoughtfulness.

Thanks to you all.  Have a good sleep I know dad and I will soon be snoring in tune of course.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Something Randy and I will have to plan on doing sooner rather than later.

Glad that you made it back safe and sound.

Sandra

Anonymous said...

Great photos, Beth. can't wait to see Ollie's place one day! xo Panteli

nancy-Lou said...

What an exciting time for you! Oliver's little house looks like it is full of character....a great home for him, close to the ocean and his work. It looks to be a sunny day...which doesn't happen that often there...you were lucky!

Theresa looks like a very confident driver...I am sure she is used to the ferries and all the twists and turns on HWY 4 going to Ucluelet. Years ago that highway was quite a challenge to negotiate, but they improved it quite a bit about 10 years ago.

Lovely photos of everyone in the van and of the trip there...Kennedy Lake looked so pretty.

An amazing vacation for all! The food sounds pretty darned scrumptious too!

We awoke to a very picturesque winter scene with snow outlining all the tree branches and the ground. It was a white world everywhere one looked and white knuckle driving for those poor folks who had to travel on the highways. There were lots of accidents.

Love, Nancy

Steady-as-rain said...

I think I'm in love with Oliver's place as well!

Love,

Rick