Monday, March 2, 2015

WILD WINTER WEATHER

P2280053
The sun shines into our house and we count ourselves so fortunate not to have all the cold stormy winter weather that is still happening down east.  It is unbelievable as we watched it on the news and seeing all that people are having to cope with especially to be able to move around.

It is like another world here as the grass is green and the trees are coming out with spring buds.  It was cold though.

 It was not an easy decision not to join friends at church for prayer and worship but it was the right decision.  I felt I would not have the energy to attend the anniversary tea  and also go for a birthday walk with Carol and Kim and Haiti.

Dad had met Gundi while he was walking Haiti and she had expressed a disappointment that I had not visited her for awhile, so I decided I would do that instead.

P2220016I did spend time in silence and in meditation.

My meditation was on the heart.

"The power of the heart is to be connected with who you are at the deepest level."
"The power of the heart is the power of life itself, the power of the very intelligence that pervades and underlies the entire universe."-  Eckhart Tolle

I pray that I will understand the power of awakening my heart to the joys and beauty within and around me
transforming  the worries and sadness that come into our lives at times.
I know that I can explore the power of the energy
 that flows from the heart, by putting my hand on my heart and breathing deeply and relaxing.
from the book - "The Power Of The Heart."

Dad and I missed church, and missed the party and missed the walk.
We thought we knew where we were going but sadly we both were mistaken.
Others also made the same mistake. 

We did meet up with Carol and Kim to have a bit to eat.

Arrived home in time for the hockey game.  It was a good game!  We won!

Ken thinking of you having your dental surgery.  Pray it will go well!



7 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh, did the walk change from the bird sanctuary? I don't know about your part of the world, but the sun never really broke out at our house and it did not work up. So a walk about by the shore would have been pretty chilly.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

oh dear, too bad you didn't find the places you were going to go...especially the bird walk and picnic....it sounded like such a wonderful thing to do.
Sometimes the best laid plans of man...hmmm now how does it go?

The sun is shining in our house too...at a different, higher angle and it is much stronger now. It promises good things to come! The garden centres here are open and I am getting the "urge" to get some geranium seedlings to grow in the house. the ones I saved didn't make it through the winter.

Yesterday was the first mild day in many weeks..well mild for us, at -8. People were outdoors enjoying the weather and the sun....ice fishing in the bay, toboggoning on the big hill at our community club, cross country skiing and walking with their dogs (me). oh yes, they were curling too.

I am off to the local hospital for a blood test....then lunch at the restaurant.

I wish you a good day, Beth....oh yes, I added Ken to my prayers, hoping his dental surgery went well and he recovers quickly. Good luck Ken!

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes, the walk was changed as it was a colder day. Kim and Carol went to Point Roberts. It is not unusual for our family to make last minute changes.
Love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

There is nothing so nice as a house that it is open with lots of windows and can bring in the sunlight in the wintertime!

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

I am still alive! I hope the feeling reurns to my lips as there are some numb areas I hope it's not nerve damage. Jasmine wanted to stay home today to look after me . Melina took the day off as well as I shouldn't drive on medication. I will.see the dental surgeon on sat morning at my local clinic he comes once a month. I am on days off until Saturday.
Ken

Anonymous said...

PS Thanks for the prayers
Ken

larry bennett said...

Ken - doesn't this count as a real genuine sickeee !

Hope you can get some sleep and recover quickly.
love
dad