Sunday, November 15, 2015

A SUNNY SUNDAY

Sunny but cold.

Still lots of leaves hanging on even with high winds and heavy rain.

Dad and are off to church realizing that we need the social as well as the  spiritual.  For me it stirs up feelings of belonging.

I certainly had my questions but as usual came home with another question.

What would I do individually or what should our church do as a community to help conquer feelings of terror and helplessness.  The Scripture tells us many stories of anguish and loss.  They lost their homes, their temple and their freedom when they were forced into captivity.

I am sure that the whole world wants to have safe homes and happy families and that only a certain element seem to be born to want to fight and to conquer.

In the lives of these people, like all of us, there are things we learn only when we are at our lowest.  They found faith in exile.  Many turn to faith to sustain and strengthen them at times of darkness and fear.

I am going to pray that Prime Minister Trudeau will make the right decisions in the coming days ahead.

The words of Jesus continue to live on because he was a man of compassion and wisdom.

I feel the pain of those who have lost family and security.

Faith in the living word that reminds us nothing can separate us from the compassionate love of God.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Randy and I disagree on what Canada should do, but then we often do.
Mary may be homeless shortly, she has accepted on offer, $15,000 above asking price.
There is that dreaded subject of the sellers having to sell their house first, but fingers crossed. It came down to a bidding war with one other person so maybe if this one falls through the other one will still be interested.

Sandra said...

And I should have taken some Matrimony Cake home, I keep looking at the picture and wanting some!

beth bennett said...

Come over Sandra there is still some left.

It is very tempting!

Off to the library today.

Love mom
`

larry bennett said...

No you cant have any - it is mine - A lovely lady gave itto me!!

Anonymous said...

I don't think God would pick a side . In fact it is very hard to have any faith at all that there is a God. Religion is the problem. And oil , and greed. We just have to treat others, countries with respect. Very hard to do when you children are getting killed with American bombs.
Or your plane is blown up with a bomb in the baggage. I guess if you believe in heaven you have a better place to go to !!
Just saying 😕
Ken