Saturday, November 7, 2015

POTTERY CLASS 101

What a wet day!  The rain was pouring and bouncing off the road with great splashes.  Too wet for me.

Dad and I visit Kim at her pottery classroom.  She shows us the molds she has made to make some birds.  It is quite a procedure that goes from one step to the next.  She loves making and creating new things.  Birds are one thing she does well.

This was an open house day where parents and even grandparents can drop in to see the process.

Carol was there before us and made a bowl that now has to dry and be glazed I think.

I will have to go back for another lesson! 

What a great group of young people!
Seeing the wet damp clay gives me an urge to  want to get my hands into it and muck around and  shape and mold it myself too.

It seems like ages ago when dad went to college there for several years after retiring.

We come home to have a rest before going out for supper to Sandra and Randy's. 
They are a great team cooking together.
Carol and Panteli also share entertaining and cleaning up.

I know I am thankful for all that dad does to help, especially cleaning up and making the kitchen spotless.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi gramma, Craig and I stopped by. I heated my coffe and took a banana.

nancy-Lou said...

Only at the coast do you get that kind of rain...pervasive rain. Bouncing off the pavement..
Now when it comes to snow storms...well we have you Beat!

How wonderful to go to Kim's pottery class and see her 'in action'. Her molds are very interesting....I would like to see the finished product, Kim. It is nice her Mom was there and she made a bowl. They are creative gals!

I am glad to hear you are feeling better Beth and getting out doing all sorts of things. Good for you! How is Larry doing with his sore feet? Did he get any help with the pain? I sure hope so. chronic pain is so debilitating.

We had some fun last evening when Bella and Max met Pepe le Phew. The little devil dug under the skirting and got under our veranda...inside out fenced yard. Bella, got the brunt of the skunk spray, Max is a little slower....so it was bath time. Then cleanup the bathroom time and clean up me time.

oh o..I see some beautiful Pine Grosbeaks at the bird feeder....first time this fall...gotta go and feed them. back in a jiffy. They were singing to me as I put out the seeds.I left the shop door open with the seeds and peanuts inside and when I went back there was a Blue Jay in there..stealing peanuts...they are so smart. We have about nine bluejays and they are 'on the clock'. They know I feed them shortly after dawn. I will make a video of the birds once I find someone who can help me with it...I can't do both!

Our son, Bob, is going to put in a new door for us on the veranda. I found a brand new one in the shop from when Carl was in business....good thing...now we don't have to buy one. You never know what you will find in the shop, after 38 years being in business.

Have a super Sunday. I hope you are able to get out for a good walk today,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

So sorry to have missed you Leah and Craig. We nearly did not go out because it was an effort for us both. I had a sleep before going so we arrived late.

Would you guys be interested in helping me rack leaves. We would love a visit and we will feed you too. Also I have a book for your mom are you going to see her soon.

Off to church this morning. How did Haiti act?

love gramma