Sunday, November 22, 2015

MOTIVATION

It is dark and cold as I stumble around in our bedroom getting dressed.  I am not aware of the glorious sunrise waiting outside my front door.

I am motivated by the desire to keep improving and it helps that I can do something I have loved to do for years.  Years ago I would have thought a walk around the block is pathetic. Now it is a challenge.

It helps me to wake up and not be tempted to crawl back into bed.

Keeping in touch with family and friends is a motivation to write my blog.  Taking pictures is motivated by knowing I can put them on too and others can enjoy them.

Dad did not feel up to going to church so off I go knowing it is good for me to practice my driving.  Sunday morning is usually quiet and speeders do not zoom up behind me.  If some one does come up behind me I get very tough and say well they will have to drive My speed.  Ha ha.

I am motivated to going to church because I usually feel better afterwards and have been inspired by a word of a hymn and touch by caring friends who want to know how I am.  By response is now that I am improving which is true, although there is still away to go.

I am spiritually motivated which has me reading religious books from which I can then quote some words of wisdom.  I do not believe in quoting scripture to prove a point but to remind myself of the knowledge that was and still is.

I believe that it is good to be intellectual about faith that stirs the mind as well as the heart.

I learned that in the midst of pain and suffering I can choose love!

Dad and I can choose how we use our time and our energy so that we will continue to be motivated for the good.  Haiti motivates me to take her for a walk just by her eyes that follow me hopefully. 


 

5 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

I find dogs 'talk' with their eyes and movements....Bella comes and stares at me or jumps up on my chair to say, "I want to go out". Maxs moves towards the door and impels me to come too
Haiti uses her eyes to tell you...they are clever aren't they?

Well Beth, you certainly do have motivation. You go for walks every day, often go to church and have some wonderful excusions to the country....like Chilliwack. You also had the motivation to do your exercises and heal that shoulder from the bad fall you had. Good for you!

We had a quiet day, with no phone calls or visitors. I bathed Max and Bella will have a bath this evening. I dry them with the hair dryer because it is so cold outside.

As I write this my neighbours little Maltese dog is snuggled up beside me. Sadly she is neglected.....we would like to adopt her. She comes in the cat pet door. What a sweet dog she is and smart. She was terribly thin until we started feeding her and how is a good weight.

Have a lovely Sunday evening,

Love, Nancy

Client Strengths said...

I saw the sunrise this morning too. It was amazing.

Anonymous said...

Looked like a nice day in Vancouver. i watched some of the Seahawks game. Looked sunny. Too bad Canucks lost again. Snider played great .
Ken

Sandra said...

I saw the sunrise yesterday and thought me might have snow since it was so cold and the clouds seemed to be moving in. Terrible sleep as I toss and turn wondering if my term paper is good enough to send off today.

I expect to have another bad week as I will write my final on Saturday.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

When you have to study and write term papers that must be a heavy worry.
You are motivated by wanting to do your best and I am sure that you are Sandra.
You are near the finish line so that is good. Keep going! We will all cheer you on!

Love mom