Thursday, November 26, 2015

CHOICES

The gate is wide open the choice is mine if I walk in to discover what is on the other side.

Everyday we all  face choices.  For me the problem is exhaustion when I do too much.  My first choice after I get up is the length of my walk.  I would like to go further but I have to consider how busy my day is going to be.

After two extra busy days with no nap time I decide not to go visiting, instead dad and I went for a drive to Ladner and to the library there took for some D.V.D.'s.  We had a light lunch at the A.B.C. restaurant.

Also Ben and Morgan are coming to sleep here so I have to make up some beds.  The problem is I only talked to Ben so I not sure what is happening.  Ben has a soccer game in Langley at 7 to-night but there is no way dad or I could go.  Too late and too cold and too far for dad to walk.

I was thinking of the story when Jesus choose his first disciples Peter and Andrew.  Fishermen who were busy mending their nets are now chosen to leave that life behind and follow after Jesus to learn to be his disciples.  They immediately leave their boats and family ties and responsibilities.

Inviting people to work together is an important part of the ministry of Jesus and may reveal his need of a group of friends to relate to as well as to teach.

Some choices in life will be life-changing and may be difficult if we have to let go other commitments.  Certainly the future is not ours to see so we live each day to the best we can.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Well, I hope everyone knows you have a choice, and you are not afraid to speak it. I will do my test tomorrow but after that I am back to the land of the living and you can always ask me to help out.

Lucy has cancer again, that lump that I knew was cancer and the vet just poo pooed me, but I knew! So now it is twice the size it was when I first took her in and will be that much harder on her to have the operation. She is getting it taken off in a week. SOOOOOOO glad I will be done school then.

Sandra

larry bennett said...

That is too bad about Lucy - Doctors and VEts ??? She is a lovely dog and
Im sure is strong enough to come through fine.

Good luck on your test
love
dad

Anonymous said...

I did a special seminar for Kwantlen this wekk on Wednesday. It was all about choices. 3 hours and 120 PowerPoint slides about Choices!
Panteli

nancy-Lou said...

Choices...isn't that a great topic! I always remember reading a book written by Dr. Wayne Dwyer. i think it is called, 'I'm Ok and you'r Ok'. This was many years ago...but throughout my lifetime I found what he wrote quite helpful.
He said that he had a twin brother and they came along to a fork in the road in their lifetime and Dr. Dwyer chose one fork and the brother chose the other.....he was an alcoholic and drug addict and passed away....we all know what fork Dr. Dwyer chose.

I think your choice of skipping visiting and going for a ride with Larry was a good one!

Gosh that is not good news about Lucy, Sandra's dog. How old is Lucy? Dogs are pretty darned resilient and I think she will pull through the surgery just fine. The vet should have listened to Sandra in the first place...but we put our trust in them don't we?

Carl is having a CT scan tomorrow, of his lungs. I think it is just old scar tissue from when he had pleurisy...but his doc want it checked out. he is very thorough and sends you for tests and more tests....but it gets to be too darned many tests. Carl is feeling better now...whatever was wrong seems to have cleared up. thanks goodness. He was not himself, that is for sure! I had to cancel my art class tomorrow....will miss them.

The wind is howling like a banshee tonight....south wind bringing in warmer air tomorrow. I hope the highways aren't slippery tomorrow with all the blowing snow and poor visibility.

Wishing you a great day tomorrow,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Sad news about Lucy. We sure love our dogs!

Glad Carl is better.

I am improving but some days are better than others.

I love to see Theresa and the children but fortunate to have Kim here to help.

The children are now with Carol and Panteli so will have lots of fun.

We are a little quiet I think!

I should have been at your talk Penteli I would have enjoyed it.

Love Beth