Wednesday, November 18, 2015

POWER

Thankful we have power.  Our lights did flicker several times and there were several huge blasts of wind but no loss of power.  Our drive home from White Rock. revealing the storm moving in.
Until Wed. evening the inter net connection was off.

Dad did not see his hockey game and my blog is lost some where.

It has been a crazy day.  I went to the store twice and both times forgot what I went for.  The second time dad and I went together but neither of us had any money.  I had my purse but no wallet.  We did not even have a quarter for a buggy.  The girl at the store gave us a free one.  I think we looked old and confused.

I burnt our dinner by turning the burners up high not low as I rushed off to the bathroom.  Dad smelt burning and rescued everything before too late.

I think I am running low on brain power.

"It is imperative that a woman keep her sense of her.  humor in tact knowing she is the funniest, looniest woman in her world which is an absurd world at all times."   -M. Angelou

"Many of the great teachers of the world's spiritual traditions describe the heart as the heart of true power."  unknown

Through your heart you will find your way in the world.

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Well, I am glad that you didn't have any problems with that strong storm that hit the coast. It sure did a lot of damage. We watched the news from Vancouver. The storm here is just ending and it made our world a winter wonderland. It is hard to get used to white everywhere after the softness of the greens and browns.

Did you and Larry have a laugh over forgetting your wallets? Some funny things happen to us as we age don 't they? I was trying to deposit some cheques into my account at the Royal bank machine, using my bank card and all the machine would let me do was withdraw...hmmmm so I told the teller the machine was broken and guess what? I was using my bank of Montreal bank card.
It was pretty embarrassing! So don't worry, crazy things happen to others too!

I was putting my green boxes in the van today and noticed small pieces of kleenex and thought NO, NO.....but when I looked under the spare tire, it was YES! mouse droppings...so they are back and we only have had the van back from the restoration company for a few days. I am going to call Autopac today and see what they have to say. We sure don`t want to go through all that again. It costs Autopac about $5,000 to clean it.

I hope your Granddaughter, Mary, and her husband are able to sell their home. Are they moving to Vancouver? Wouldnt that be nice for everyone to be able to see them regularly. Those little children are just so cute!

Have a great day,

Love,
Nancy


beth bennett said...

Yes Nancy I could laugh at your stories and we had to laugh at ourselves.

That is unbelievable about the mice. Disgusting after all that expense.

Mary has an offer on her house to be completed after home inspections and the sale of their, the buyer's home. They are moving to Edmonton a better opportunity for Michael John's work. Disappointing they are not coming here as originally planned.

I am catching up on my comments.

Love Beth