Tuesday, November 3, 2015

THANKFUL

Happy Birthday Shawna!
A woman of faith and love and courage with a very generous spirit.  Love you lots!


So  thankful that I found my camera  in the most unlikely place!  The first place I should look for anything is under my bed!  I do not know how it got there but there it was.

I am thankful that though I lose many things that I have not lost my faith.  Trying to find words to what you believe can be confusing and frustrating to others.  It is so help as a Christian to know the words of Jesus and his experiences that have made my faith alive and meaningful.

I have just finished talking to my brother and sister-in-law.  Traudl is now having problems speaking and at times loses her voice completely.   This is part of the effects of her cancer.  The pills she has to take to prevent further growths are causing her arthritis to be more painful  Her knees are very painful so they cannot hike or even walk very far.

Brian has to have another operation on his sinuses where growths have to be removed yearly.

He related a good story, that would seem like another tall tale, but I believe him.  Before Traudel could start her cancer treatment after surgery she needed a bone x-ray to see how strong they were.  They phoned Cranbrook and were told that there would be months of waiting before they could get in to have it done.

Brain prayed for help and then decided they would drive down to Cranbrook anyway with no hope of getting their x-ray.  When they arrived all x-rays had been cancelled because the equipment had been damaged.  When suddenly the word came the machine was fixed and since they were right there they were first to get the done density checked.

A miracle among all the darkness.

I believe that all of us experience the presence of God working in our souls every single day.  He is the energy and the source of our lives as we breathe in and out.  This force is with us and drawing us to be creators of goodness and love to others.

I am thankful for my faith!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

That is great that Traudle was able to get in for her test. It is hard to do all this waiting.
Another perfect day yesterday to be out and walking or working in the yard.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes especially when your cancer treatment depends on the results.
It is very hard to understand her but she is very cheerful

Yes it was a great day but today is cloudy and cold.

love mom