Thursday, November 12, 2015

STORMY WEATHER

PB110793

PB110818

I am so happy that the day we drove out to Chilliwack was so calm and sunny, very blue sky with a few puffy white clouds. 

It was so peaceful by the shore of the lake, one of those moments when you stop just to enjoy being where you are.

The next morning I was tired but I had a quiet walk with Haiti and decided no shopping and no visiting.  Since there were storm warnings it seemed like a good day to stay home.  I knew Jim would not expect me and I will be there next week.

The wind and the rain came gradually.  The day was dark.

Dad had to pick up a form to get blood work done from our doctors office.  The parking there is a disaster as park of the parking lot is being used by builders.  The parking at the blood clinic was also dismal as was the long line up in side.

I am pleased his doctor is being more thorough than he has been.

We are waiting for Carol to bring the huge parcel of salmon that  has come by bus.  Carol will take some home and hopefully we can fit some in our fridge.

Seeing God in the blue sky, the lake surrounded by trees, and even the little cottages by the shore brings peace that hopefully can carry me through what ever storm may come.




 


2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

I too, see and hear God in nature, Beth...his amazing handiwork is everywhere. Today I saw it in the beautiful fall colours that were lingering on the trees in contrast to the white snow that wafted down....flake by flake...making the grass white and outlining the trees with a white fur coat. It was a calm day and the highways were still warm so there was no ice.

Carl too, had blood tests ordered, so we drove the half hour to the nearest hospital, where the lab is located. The vascular surgeon ordered an ultrasound of the aneurysm, so that will be another trip into Winnipeg. Hopefully the appointment with the surgeon won't be too far off. There is a Tim Horton's on the Sagkeeng reserve, so we stopped in for coffee and Carl had a steak panini, which he said was excellent.

We heard about the storm at the coast and watched the news at 5 PST time tonight. Stay safe.
It looked blustery.

The snow is all melted and we are expecting a warm weekend. Fall is still here!

Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

I am very envious of you being able to get out and go for these little mini adventures. I try to make the most of my walks in the morning and afternoon, but nothing is as calming as being by the water or wide open pastures.

I did not walk this afternoon at work, too wet and windy.

Sandra