Sunday, November 1, 2015

WORDS FROM THE PAST

Dad  and I were very pleased the weather cleared up.  The rain stopped and the   wind was calmer. Our neighborhood had some decorations especially the house  beside ours.

You had to enter the dark garage where there were scary creatures all over the place, even mice and snakes and spiders ready to attack  you.

They made   cotton candy for each one of the children  and they thought it was great.

We had less children than last year so have lots  of candy left over  to  tempt us.  Although most chocolate I cannot eat..

Dad and I enjoyed a visit from Sandra and Randy and Kim was available to make tea and join in the discussions.

Carol came by later after helping a friend  clean house all day.  She took Haiti home with her and we were thankful she had.  The fireworks were long and loud.

We missed out visiting our old book study group and a friend visiting from the Island.  Dad did phone and they caught up on news that way.
Our nature lady!
 
I am reading my old journals.
Listen to what your illness is trying to tell you.
 
Be open to the experience and flow loving energy!
 
Pearl is 95 I think a long time friend who I visited  with as a lay-chaplain at Peace Arch.
We have a birthday party at noon so will not be going to church.

4 comments:

beth bennett said...

What a lovely lady and she is our Granddaughter!!

Anonymous said...

Rocky our dog was frightened by the fireworks last night so I brought him in and he slept. In our closet under the clothes.

Ken

nancy-Lou said...

Kim is just so beautiful regardless of what she is wearing...even the Hallowe'en costume. You are so fortunate to have her living with you and giving you a hand.

Fireworks on Hallowe'en? Well we have never had fireworks here on Halloween..but there is quite a bit on the holidays during the summer months. Our seasonal neighbour sets off fireworks in his yard and it is a real fire hazard when it is dry. It is against the law in our municipality to do so unless you have a permit and do it safely, like on the beach.

cotton candy sounds like a great idea for the kids....most kids love it. The garage sounds really spooky. I think you had better stay away from there, Beth.

Who had a birthday today? Did you have a party?

It is looking as though it will snow on Tuesday night so I am hoping it will be too warm and it will be rain instead. Carl has an appointment with his Urologist on Wednesday in Winnipeg. It has been exceptionally mild all fall, with the nightime temperatures higher than the daytime highs. I see it has been stormy at the coast, with quite a few storms coming through.

love, Nancy

Sandra said...

We have lots of candy left over as well. I have hidden it on my self and hopefully forget about it till the next time I make a salad and grab the salad bowl.

The time change seems to have done me good. I have been sleeping a bit better the last few nights.

Sandra