Wednesday, February 17, 2016

A LIFETIME

Happy Birthday Dad!

Yes your dad and I have life a life time together
travelling over some rough spots and gliding and coasting along others.  It is very special to have some who shares your memories and experiences.

I think for both of us life is a challenge right now.  I truly believe that dad survived many near death experiences for a reason beyond our knowing.  I am thankful he is still around and we truly need each other for one forgets and another remembers.

Growing up 80 seem so old and yet dad is now turning 81 and still busy writing his blog that may turn into a book on police who are afraid of risking their own lives to save others who are being victums of mass shootings.

Dad, of his own free will and of sound mind, accompanied me to the study today more of a book study than a Bible Study, at Colebrook.  Yes here we are in another study group but one where there is lots of freedom and lots of  laughter.  Our group has grown from a small group to one of about 20 when we are all there.

Yes, I am thankful for all the groups I have been involved with and the wonderful friendships.  One couple offered us a place to stay where our house was over flowing at Christmas time.  They brought me meals when I was recovering from my lung cancer operation and have faithfully prayed for one grand child after another.  Their faith encouraged me to question my own and find out what I truly believed.  Their love supported us in times of troubles.  They made gluten-free goodies for me too! I am so thankful for friends and I know this group will be a wonderful learning experience as well. 

So we are still learning the lessons of life and discovering more about each other.  The important things is to still be young at heart even when our bodies get new aches and pains every day.

Life is precious!  Happy Birthday Dear.  Thankful for all the good times flying through stormy skies with thunder and lightning trying to find a run way, or driving through the mountains in a snow storm although the worst was driving through a blizzard in Saskatchewan from Regina to Saskatoon in an old car with a poor heater.  There was also the terrible heat of driving with the heat on in 80 degrees temperature because the engine was over heating.  That was on a trip from Van. to Saskatoon.  We had tried to get it fixed before we left which delayed us an important day as his mother was dying. You are the best husband as well as a good driver!

Carol and Panteli have invited dad and I out for dinner with Kim and Oliver to celebrate!

8 comments:

Sandra said...

Happy Birthday Dad. I can not imagine being so old! : ) I hope I get to live as long, and being with Randy it already feels like forever. : )

Pouring out rain so I have to gear up and get dressed to take the dogs out. They do not care if they get wet so off we go!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Larry! See you tonight. P.S I'm about 20 years behind you, but sometimes I feel like I'm 81! Panteli

beth bennett said...

I keep thinking of things to add but I guess I had better stop.

I feel like I am 80 too but I realize that is an achievement!

love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Happy Birthday Larry...my goodness that is quite an achievement...81! Although these days, 81 is much younger than it used to be! Have a wonderful day, celebrating with your family.

Beth, it was fun reminiscing with you about snow storms and heaters that wouldn't shut off!
You and Larry have many stories to share after all those years together. How many years have you been married? It will be 56 for us this year. ( We were married when we were 6 and 8 years old? hahaha. ) That is what we tell people.

raining out again at the coast...oh dear, those drenching rains seem to seep in everywhere when you walk your dogs. It is mild here with freezing rain and strong winds blowing snow onto highways.

So glad we stay home now until Tuesday. Our doctor ordered a nuclear heart scan for Carl for then. Back to Winnipeg we go.
Yesterday was a long day away....8 hours...a long doctor visit for us both, ( an hour ) then the lab took so long and then rush hour traffic.

Have fun celebrating with Larry,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Nancy I was praying for you on your trip and long day. It is good that they are checking you both to see what can help. Yes we have been married 59 years I believe. I will have to ask dad.



Love beth

nancy-Lou said...

Beth, that is so kind of you..sending prayers for us....thank-you, my friend. Wow, you have Carl and I beat by 4 years! 60 for you and Larry next year. There will have to be great celebrations as that is a remarkable anniversary for you.

Love, Nancy

larry bennett said...

sixty this sept.

Sandra said...

Yes, I thought it was 60 since Ricky turns 59 this year...unless there is something you and dad want to tell us