Wednesday, February 24, 2016

NEW LIFE

Leah and Craig are expecting a baby.
What a miracle.!
What an answer to prayer!

Craig and Leah have been struggling with poor health compounded by two bad car accidents and also the loss of job opportunity's  as a LPN.  Craig is working at an Auto Repair place and Leah has taken on a job as a porter in the Children's hospital.

What an amazing couple!  I know who to call on if I need some leaves raked!

I am reminding to renew my own commitment to the processes of life.  Their lives as mine has been building up to this time that holds promise especially because we have been through what we have in our past.

Our study at church was on emptiness and I was thinking about some of the sad experiences that we have shared with them.  Now it is wonderful to share this new life that renews all our hope for the future!

We discuss intuition as the breath of the Spirit moving upon us.  I remembered many years ago late in Nov. wrapping up all my Christmas presents.  It is not unusual for them to be bought but usually I wrap them Christmas Eve. The next day we had a call that Rick and Leah had been in a bad accident so they would not be coming down for Christmas.  Dad and I quickly packed up and rushed to Kamloops to visit them.  Thankfully the presents were all ready to go with us.

They both sustained head injuries and we saw them in hospital.  They both recovered.

Life is full of journeys  like the one that Mary and Michael  John are making to Kingston in nasty weather.  Yes our prayers are with their family.

I know that in difficult times I have had to depend on a power greater than myself!

"We experience the paradox of God's fullness in our emptiness." -Gifts of the Dark Wood.
 

5 comments:

craig decraene said...

Hi gramma

Sandra said...

LOL, Craig is certainly a man who gets right to the point, no wasting of words.

That is so exciting that Leah and Craig will be having a baby, just 2 weeks apart from Stephen and Shawna. With them planning on moving to Surrey I hope we get to see more of them.

Mary had a stressful drive, pouring rain and snow and sleet, but they made it there safe and sound.

Looks like another lovely day out there today, though they are calling for rain again this weekend.

Sandra

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Leah and Cragi and to steve and Shawna! Great news!
Panteli

nancy-Lou said...

Gosh Beth, lots of family news today.....how exciting for Leah and Craig to be expecting and also for Stephen and Shawna....the Bennett family is doubly blessed. Now how many Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren does that make in total?

It is so cute seeing Craig say Hi Gramma...even if he doesn't have a lot to say...he is thinking of you!

It must have been very worrying times for you when Rick and Leah were involved in that accident and badly injured. Thank goodness they are recovered and life is moving ahead for them. Just makes families stronger doesn't it?

We too, have had similar problems and are thankful our sons and their passenger survived a serious accident when they were in their teens. Our son, Mark lost a lot of teeth and had a fractured jaw...he still bears the scars.

Goodness me, did Mary drive all by herself with the children through those terrible roads? So glad they arrived safely!Good for Mary.

we saw Carl's respirologist today and what a lovely person she is...very unpretentious and one of the best in her field. The analysis of the 2 litres of fluid they took off his right long was an infection of the pleural cavity. Empyema it is called.
It is not common and he is at risk due to his rheumatoid arthritis and a lowered immune system from the drugs he takes for it. He is on strong antibiotics still and sees her in a month. He is doing well.Breathing a lot better now.

I checked out at the supermarket and the couple ahead of me were so obnoxious. I felt like asking them if the manager should close superstore so they could shop all by themselves. They demanded I move back so no one could pass behind me so they could unload their cart....they already had a ton of room....they took up almost the whole aisle...They were playing the " I am entitled' game with everyone.
I am pretty mild mannered, but I do not like disrespectful people. I managed to bite my tongue...but it was hard!

Then the older couple who came up behind me sure made up for it...they were the nicest people and we had a good visit while bagging out groceries. Made my day! Country folks just like us.

Well I hope you had a good day,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes we had a good day. Nice and sunny.
Still high on the news about Leah and Craig.
Phoned a few people one being Vera Fader
whose husband she nursed when he was in care.
What a difference she made just being right with him all day.

I do not think that Mary drove by herself a
although she is very capable!

There are annoying people that is for sure but the nice ones help make up for them.

Having shortness of breath is very frightening. I am glad Carl's breathing is a lot better. Did his arthritis come on suddenly? Does it run in the family?

A day at a time right!

love beth