Thursday, February 4, 2016

CELEBRATIONS

Happy Birthday Melina!

A great reason to celebrate!

We are so thankful that you and Ken have each other and have a wonderful family together. 

Dad and I send our love and birthday wishes for a good year!

February is a dark and dull month here so we look forward to anything that cheers us up.  Dad has a birthday coming up as does Carol.  We are also meeting with our bookish group to celebrate four February birthdays.

Dad's visit went well.  Dad went alone as I had an upset stomach and I wonder if I ate some nasty gluten.

Carol and Kim are flying to Mexico on Feb. 20 to celebrate some sunny days together.

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Celebrations...when is Larry and Carol's birthdays, Beth?

February brings hope for us prairie folks...the promise of better weather to come. The longer days are so welcome and it won't be much longer and we will be turning the clocks ahead an hour and the days will magically be an hour longer in the evenings.

Wouldn't it be nice to fly off to Mexico for some sunny warm weather too? Have a great time, Kim and Carol! I have an artsy friend who goes every winter for a couple of month and she writes a very interesting blog with some magical pictures, filled with colours.

Today is a painting day....I have one planned in my head after days of thought and it just has to 'get out'! A large acrylic of the lake...rather a contemporary piece, I think...but we will see how it turns out..sometimes the painting 'paints itself' and I just follow along!

Have a wonderful day,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Larry's birthday is on the 18 and Carol is on the 28th.

The painter of the cards was Eileen Fong.

Acrylic on Canvas.

There was another question you asked but at this moment I cannot answer.

Have a good evening!

love beth

nancy-Lou said...

Thanks, Beth....I would like to send them a birthday card!

oh yes, I have seen Eileen Fong's paintings and they are lovely....she is a Vancouver artist isn't she?

Love, Nancy