Wednesday, February 10, 2016

AUTHENTICITY

I felt very bad I missed my Bible study again.  Hopefully I will have some answers soon but I am not too hopeful.

It was raining lightly when we arrived at the hospital, right on time, but the sun was shining when we came out so that was a nice surprise.

A handsome young man who did the test made me feel comfortable and the time flew by.  When I had finished the nearest bathroom was occupied so he ran around knocking on bathroom doors to find an empty one.  I made it.  I had only had a small glass of water knowing this would be all I could handle.

Meanwhile   Dad was sitting in the waiting room reading the "Soul On Fire."    This was after he had been asked to moved from the ladies only seating which we did not really understand.  Actually the sign was hidden behind our seats so we had not noticed.

It is a book of many stories and one will see different truth in the words.  Some of it is humorous in the way they talk to God.  Like the man who tells God that he is force to be a sinner so that God in His goodness will have the work of forgiving him.  This is not word for word because I cannot find it again.

Another young couple goes to the Rabbi to ask him to pray that they will have a child.  He tells them he will only pray if they pay him.  Too much the couple reply we will go home and pray for ourselves.  The Rabbi smiles as they leave I believe because this is the answer he wanted.  Dad did not see it like that.

So as we age and change there can be a new authenticity that comes with an inner knowledge.  Exercise of the body as well as the mind keeps us aware that the joy is that after all these years we have finally grown up to be a child again full of wonder and laughter!

4 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Oh dear, that is too bad you missed your study group Beth...especially when you enjoy it so much. Do you have one of those calendar white boards that you can mark all your appointments etc on? Dry erase board? I use a regular calendar and it comes in handy at the year's end when we can easily see the doctor's appointments to make a list for income tax.

That was so cute..almost like a cartoon, of this lady having to "go badly" and the young man desperately trying to find a free washroom. Very nice young man...glad you made it!

I hope the ultrasound results are good! I had an ultrasound the other day too...it is an easy test isn't it? Compared to some. They are looking at my liver and pancreas...have to have another one..this time where they put the ultrasound device ( hopefully a very small one) down my throat into my stomach..sounds like fun....grimance!

The usual steady flow of deer through our yard happened again this morning. The does are starting to chase off their young from last summer...getting ready to have their new fawns in May.
They strike out at the poor young deer with their hooves and are really mean. The poor youngsters have to quickly duck and run. They look so confused...like, why is this happening?

Nature is always so interesting to watch isn't it?

The deer travel in large groups once winter arrives...the females and young in one group and the bucks in the other. Sometimes the young bucks travel with the older ones. We haven't seen many bucks lately and think they have been shot or have moved on due to the wolves. Just before the rut in late fall there are lots of bucks chasing the girls.

My goodness you have had some great weather on the coast. It looks like an early warm spring for you! We are in the grips of a cold spell, but that is to be expected at this time of year. An early spring would be most welcome.

Not so sure about the remark of being a child again full of wonder and laughter....when we are old.
But I sure do agree about exercise being the key for us to be a lot more healthy.

Such a lot of violence on the news today. Policemen being shot and killed. An elderly lady raped and killed in the parking garage of her apartment...an Anglican minister being charged with child abuse...gosh I think I will shut off the tv and listen to some music and paint....my favourite getaway!

Have a great day, Larry and Beth!

Love, Nancy





beth bennett said...

Hi Nancy.
I missed my study because of my appointment.
It is hard to keep track of all our appointments.
That is a great idea.

Kim and I were talking about Lent and what we should give up.
We decided on T.V. I think I will give up watching the news
because you feel so helpless and hopeless. If I was reading trashy novels I could give them up too.

I love your back yard and the animal stories.

Off to walk Haiti to the park.

Have a good day.

love beth

Sandra said...

Sounds like a good visit all things considered, better than many of your other tests for sure. And I assume dads dental visit was uneventfull.

I pick up a new pregnant cat tommorrow.

Busy times ahead!

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Wow Sandra you are amazing.
That cat and her kittens will have found a wonderful home!
Love mom