Sunday, February 14, 2016

HESITATION

Yes this is an old picture of another rainy day at the soccer field a year or so ago.  Those big umbrella's would be great about now.

I hesitated about writing as my brain is a bit sluggish and my computer is rebelling.

I hesitated about going to church as I was leaving late again!
I had to dash in the door through the light rain.  The service was started and I was not surprised to see a small number on the miserable day.  I was glad that I had gone as I enjoyed the service.  It is a bit different that previous but It is good to be open to change so that we do not get stuck in a rut.

I appreciated our mister sharing some of her past experiences of times when she was unsure.  Even when we feel that we are in a dark cloud scripture as well as the
experience of others reassures  us  that God is with us and sometimes out of failure we are forced to be creative.

God's love is stronger than our fears.  Hopefully we may have a life-changing experience like our minister, Kimiko.

Dad had brunch ready when I arrived home and I was very thankful.

It is amazing that Jesus prepares the disciples for the dark days ahead when he will be delivered to the priests and he will be condemned to death.  They will mock him and beat him and crucify him.  The amazing truth is that he will come alive again.  This is in Mark and Luke and Matthew.  They did not understand and scripture says the meaning was hidden from them.

If they heard and understood I would think they would hesitate to continue to follow him.

May the Spirit of the Living God make known to us God's presence
Will go before us
Will be above us
Will be hind us to give us a push,
Will go beside us to be our strong and constant companion.
by Marcia McFee 

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I have ended up spending valentines day alone, Randy is doing a double shift. Since it was so miserable outside I shopped online for bathroom stuff (did not find anything) and finished off the Netflix show I was watching.

Skype all the grand babies, got Shawna to show me her expanding tummy.

I might feed myself at some point.

Sandra

Anonymous said...

Just got back from dentis. New teeth in!! Two surgeries ,four dental visits ,two visits for mri's , two trips to denture places . And only $12000! Bargin. Now if that's not incentive to the kids to brush your teeth ( oh and wear your mouth Gard when playing hockey ) I don't know what is.
Ken.

beth bennett said...

Dad and I had a quiet day too.
I hesitated making supper thinking well you never know!
I hope the grand children will have better teeth than us.
It is painful and expensive. Maybe less candy?
Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

A lovely little prayer, Beth. You always write such interesting things. It is reassuring to know that God is everywhere.

Beth, do you prefer the more formal church services of days long ago or do you like to newer format of todays services? The Anglican Church changed their service book about 25 years ago and I sure didn't like it...quite a bit was omitted from what I was used to. The hymn book too was new and it was combined with the United Churches Hymn Book....once I was used to it I like the new additions to it. Our minister has chosen to omit some of the things from the new service book including some of the creeds....they don't fit today's society I guess.
What are our thoughts?

oh those darned dentists charge so much don't they? Just for a cleaning my son's bill was $350. They also take far too many xrays...I didn't have any cavities and yet they still xrayed all my teeth. It is a good thing I don't have too many of them!

Valentine's Day was spent watching curling from across Canada. The provincials were on. All our favourites won, including Cotter from BC. It was a good thing that I made cabbage rolls the day before so we just heated them up for supper.

Today is a holiday here, Louis Riel Day...a Metis hero. I have work to do though, because we looked after our son's large border collie for the weekend and she is very messy. Drops fur in clumps all over and makes a huge mess around the food and water dishes. She is a lovely dog, but elderly now and has a difficult time on bare floors...carpets are OK.

Love, Nancy