Friday, February 12, 2016

CREATIVITY

A very dark morning with heavy rain.  I will postpone my walk.  Kim has taken Haiti and Haiti is now being dried off thoroughly.  I do go for my walk with her later in the morning with a few raindrops falling on our heads. 

Dad's feet are extra painful and we do not know why.  It will be a quiet day for us.  I am finding it hard to be creative.  I guess  I will blame the weather.



Fortunately the sun did shine and I took a picture of the little bird house Ben created with Dad looking on.  What a great experience for them both.

I am hoping that on my faith journey I will continue to be more compassionate and sensitive to others.  This not easy some days.

I believe it is important to take the ordinary and dull moments of our lives and some how cerate meaning and hope for others.

There is a power within each one of us to create beauty in our different ways. 
Even a smile can lighten up the day for some one.

God reveals His infinite skill and imagination in all of Creation.

Des is coming to visit us to-morrow (Sat.) bringing  her little four year old.
The girls are very good at keeping us in mind.  This is a good way to get to know the little ones rather than at a big birthday bash when there are lots of people and little ones running around.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

That was quite the rain storm in the morning, and then sunshine in the afternoon. I find the weather forecasts can be so wrong these days, you just never know what you will be in for the next day.

Kind of like Randy's work schedule!

The new cats name is Shelby and we are going to name the kittens after cars. Her tummy is not very big, so either she is not very far along or she is only got a few kittens in her. I have my fingers crossed for not very many kittens, getting six of them weighed every morning before going for work was a challenge.

I have pilates in the morning but then will try and drop by after that.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Creativity, hmmmm, well that certainly is a cute little bird house that Ben built, with his Grandpa's help. Good memories for both.

I like to tell my classes that it is a good thing that we all are different in our creative ideas, or it would be a pretty boring world. It really is surprising how different each painting looks when I teach a painting class and demo a painting step by step.

Gosh, it was good to read about Shelby the new kitty Sandra has fostered. I hope she gives some updates and maybe some pictures. AHHH the wonders of nature!

It is a crystal clear morning with the bright blue sky that is only on the prairies. -32. The poor deer look so cold. Their faces are all frosted up from their breathing and their backs too....I guess they were sleeping just before they arrived here.

The birds are really fluffed up and sitting on their feet. How those tiny little birds survive is amazing really. They are so tiny...when they land on my hand to take peanuts, they hardly seem to weigh anytbing. All that I notice is how tightly their little feet hang on and some linger to absorb the warmth.

I will be working in the studio today on a large piece. An acrylic of Lake Winnipeg....it is part of a series of the lake. I plan on taking it to the Birchwood Gallery in Winnipeg.
I have five pieces that were accepted at the Cre8ive Gallery for a show in May/June.

Gosh i feel so badly for Larry suffering with that awful pain in his feel. I do wish he would try acupuncture....I am so sure it would help a lot. It must restrict what he can do a lot. Sometimes doctors are useless....with all the modern day things they have to use and they cannot give him some relief from the pain? Doesn't seem right.

Off to the studio I go...turn on the classical music and into another world.

I hope you both have a great day today,

love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

I just finished my week of early shifts. I went to bed early last night and kind of feel normal today. Melina is working3pm-9pm tonight. The week was hard for me as I had the kids from 3pm until bed time three nights in a row. I try to get the kids in bed with me by 7pm but usually it was after 9:30pm that I could get them asleep. Very warm last week. Have a great day..

Anonymous said...

PS happy Valentines Day ❤️
Ken