Saturday, February 20, 2016

GOOD FORTUNE

What a perfect day for soccer. 

We have been to lots of soccer games in our life time, starting way back with Ken.  Now the fields are huge with about a dozen fields all in the same area.  In the past we often have parked in the farthest corner from the game we want to watch.

Today was different when what to our amazement we had the good fortune to park only three car parking spots away.  What a surprise to see the green team right there before our eyes and Ben in is dark goalie uniform.  Sandra, Theresa and Morgan were already there cheering on the team.

The sun helped keep the chill from the wind at bay.  It was good to have a chat and get caught up with family news, like who is pregnant and who is not.  Sandra is even in doubt about the cat they are boarding until she has babies.

Animals are wonderful companions and it is tempting for us to have one of our own but I am not prepare for the extra responsibility until I know just how our health is doing.  Dad is not improving and I am still hoping for some help with my problems.

We are thankful for days like this with not only an exciting game but lots of interesting news.

 Ben's team won 2 to 0.  I think he made some heart stopping saves that I could hardly believe.
He puts all his mind and energy into the game with a real competitive spirit.  Reminds me of others and of his grandpa Larry's hockey playing days.

We had the good fortune to grow up in the time we did and have loving parents.  Playing sports added to our enjoyment. We have been blessed with our loving family and enjoy our times with them!

After the game we headed over to The Old Spaghetti  Factory.  The children were then in a hurry to attend birthday parties at a place where they have lots of trampolines so it would be a fun place.

Sorry to have missed the phone call from Ken which I think he made from work or on  his way to work.

I am planning to attend church Sunday morning.

4 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

WOW.....great photos. I especially like the one of you and Ben...but they all are so nice to see. Isn't Ben doing well with soccer? Another shut out for him! He is growing up so quickly..so tall! It is nice to see his family cheering him on....great support for him.
Please tell Ben that his Ateah relatives are cheering him on from far away.

Our minister and her partner, Merna, are coming for a visit on Wednesday afternoon. It will be nice to see them. I do miss going to church and seeing them there too! They will be retiring in SEptember after 15 years and will be missed... but fortunately, they will be staying in our community. Judy is so much fun...she has a wicked sense of humour...Merna is a sweetheart...and has played for the church for years. I am the fill-in pianist.

What sports did you like to play, Beth, when you were a youngster? Curling was something I always enjoyed and as a kid we curled on an outdoor rink with empress jam pail rocks. Most were wobbly with rounded bottoms and it was great fun. Baseball and Dodgeball were also favourites of mine.

I didn't know there was a Spaghetti Factory restaurant in Vancouver. We have had one in Winnipeg for years. Did they have gluten free pasta for you?

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a dog? I know it isn't wise to get a dog when you aren't well...it is quite a commitment. I know when we adopted Max and Bella I wanted a dog that was older, so I would always be able to care for them and we would be able to live in our home. They were 6 years old and now are 8.

What I didn't know when I applied to adopt Max, was, he came with his bonded sister, Bella...when they told me that it was an immediate decision to adopt them both. We are doubly blessed....they are so loving. We hope to have many more years with them and many more years living in our home.
So you could consider adopting an older dog too and giving them a chance to live a good life. There is a rescue here in MB called Before the Bridge and they have such cute dogs. Many come from homes where the owner has passed on. I find they adjust so well to our quiet life style because they are older too. They already are well trained!

Sad news this morning, where a young teenager who was missing for a week has been found. He was just 17 and went missing after being at a party. Police think he left with someone who was involved in the drug scene. It has been devastating to watch his parents plea for his safe return on TV. No word yet on what happened.

Wishing you both a wonderful Sunday,

Love,
Nancy



Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great game! way to g0 Ben! I dropped offf Carol and Kim at the airport at 4:00 am on Saturday, then went home for a few hours, then drove dowtown at 8:00 am for an all day conference for school and got home about 8:00 pm. xo Panteli

beth bennett said...

It is a colder day today but Haiti and I had our walks.
I am trying to walk a little further so she gets more exercise
and it tires me out but I am confident I will get stronger.

I played on all the team Tragic.

Life is tough a times that is for sure.

Hope Kim and Carol are having a fun time!

Love Beth

beth bennett said...

I missed out a line about the teen ager being found dead.