Wednesday, February 3, 2016

TURNABOUT

We all seem to be taking turns with the dentist, the doctor, blood tests. ultrasounds etc.  Dad is going to the cancer clinic on Thursday after having his P.S.A. blood test today.

Do not look at the date as my camera gets dates mixed up.  Takes after the owner that is for sure.

Actually it was a rainy miserable day today.  Dad talked me into going to the ladies group at the church and I was glad I did.

I am so thankful he can still drive.

I learned a lot about the refugee family we are going to be welcoming here later this year.  They are from Lebanon.  It is amazing all the things that they are putting in place to help them; and we have two ladies that speak their language as part of our group.  We are two churches together with three individuals.  Raising money is a big part of the planning right now.

The young people in our church are putting on a dinner and games night every two weeks for families.  They are inviting their friends and it is a big success, no one wanted to go home.

Dad has now decided to fix the square hole in the kitchen ceiling because the estimate was way too high.  He has done a good job so far but a lot of mess with sawdust etc. and chucks of plaster.

Yesterday he pruned a big rose bush for me and yes he really did prune it good!

"God is at your side.  God sees, God watches.  He is in Every life, in every thing!"
from "Souls On Fire"

The turnabout came when Jesus revealed to us the Living Word!
An inward and spiritual grace!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dinner and games night sounds like fun.Kids are spending lots of time with Nona this
week as both Melina and I are on late shifts. Melina's birthday tomorrow . She is working until 10pm !!
ken

nancy-Lou said...

I like that idea of dinner and a games night! Super idea for a fundraiser. Family times are so important these days when people live such a busy life.
A Lebanese family coming.....now that is good to hear. I commend the two churches in sponsoring them. The Lebanese people are very kind and be prepared! They love to eat! The Ateah's all love to eat! We still make Lebanese food for our families. Rizyakanee is one of the favourites.
When The Attiyah grandparents ( the correct spelling ) not the phonetic translation, lived in Lebanon 80% were Christian and these days it is 20%.

Gosh it seems when we get older we are always running to the doctor for tests aren't we? Everytime I have an ultrasound they find something else growing somewhere...but it is all benign and not likely to cause me any problems.
Yesterday was a long day..gone 8 hours.
I went to bed at 9, tired, but also wanting to start my new book and where else is better than reading in bed! I found four books at Value Village by my fav author, Jodi Picault...she writes novels that are pertinent to our society today.

I hope Larry's tests and doctor visits have good results...Carl will be having prostate surgery March 1. For an enlarged prostate...she is going to 'router' it out! That is what she said..we laughed...router!

I see rain is hitting the coast and snow in the mountains...I bet you will be glad when spring arrives and more sunny weather.

Have a great day,

Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

Just how much was the estimate that it was too much?

Randy and I are trying to get our selves motivated to start on something on the house, think it may be the downstairs bathrooom.

Our bedroom is in the running, and I really want to paint the hallway as well.

Do you guys have plans for Monday?

Sandra

beth bennett said...

No plans for Monday.

I believe the estimate was nearly two thousand dollars

The ceiling so much better but there still needs to be sanding and painting.

Off to the hospital to the Cancer Clinic. Our friend Margaret is hoe now with hoe help.

Love mom