Tuesday, February 2, 2016

INVENTIONS

Dad drives while I take pictures.  Dad went to the doctor but still the same old news.  But he is getting his blood checked and checked for diabetics.  He was at the dentist yesterday and I am going today.  I also finally got my hair cut and dad likes it!

Cameras are an amazing invention!  When I stop to think of it we are surrounded with inventions that some one some time created.  We take most of these inventions for granted.  Inventions make our lives easier and even finding new cures are being revealed through better medical imaging.

Stories have been invented to captivate our interest and stimulate our imagination's.

The Jewish Rabbi's were fabulous story tellers that where meant to appeal to the imagination more than to reason.  Words that give rise to the poetic dreams that are within our souls ready to come to life.

I think that religion was born out of storytelling and the creative spirit that longs for truth that is beautiful and inspiring.  Like many stories words are spoken all of us hear them differently. 

These Jewish tales were interrupted by the English at the command of King George.  Kings were of the utmost importance at that time and understandably influenced their writings.

What we end up with is a controversial and confusing document that most of us find hard to understand. That being said I have found the Bible to be a Holy Book;  full of wisdom and good news upon which my faith has been built.  I believe as I read the Holy Spirit opens my spirit to the presence of God.

This is just some food for thought.

Now I am off to the dentist full of fear and dread.  I wish I could be like dad or Sandra who are very brave! !  Surprise! surprise the girl who cleaned my teeth could have been a stand up comic  that made it almost enjoyable. 

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Inventions.....hmmmm just think of what we had when we were kids for inventions....radio, telephones, cars, airplanes and more, but compared to today it was really very few! These days there seems to be an invention for pretty much anything you need. Rice cookers, Keurig coffee makers, maps on your phone....gadgets really....we don't need them but they are more convenient.

English Kings and Queens thought they had complete power over their kingdom....chopping off heads when they wanted to and getting away with it. But the intrigue of the court and conspiring of so-called friends who really were enemies were the downfall of some of them. I have read a lot of English history and find it fascinating, but brutal.

I am glad your dental visit was made easy by the hygienist who was funny.

Such a shame that Larry can't get any help with the pain in his feet and hands....but it is good that they are watching for diabetes. Has he had the glucose tolerance test?

Well we are off to Winnipeg tomorow. I have an ultrasound at the hospital. Will do a little shopping for groceries too. Things are so expensive here...grapefruit were $1.25 at the local store and I got a bag of 10 for $5.95 at Super Store. The stores have high prices for the summer people and keep them all year....so many permanent residents don't shop out here.

Have a great day tomorrow,

Love Nancy

















Sandra said...

I was going to call as I thought someone had an appointment for something.

So, when are you getting tested for diabetes?

Did you get the new girl cleaning your teeth, Louise or something like that?

Nothing new in my life. Randy called his dad and one of his uncles is in the hospital and his girlfriend is in a bed right next door. The doctors wanted to release him ( he had a stroke) but he said he would just die at home with out his girlfriend there so they let him stay.

Sandra