Friday, February 26, 2016

HEART


I arrived home after my morning walk with Haiti to find dad just leaving to drive to the blood clinic to get his test for diabetes's.

 We have the nosiest vacuum, which sounds like it could explode at any moment,  which can get on your nerves as I go from room to room.  Best to do it when dad is out.

After two hours I decided I had better walk over to see if he is okay to drive home.  Walking by the houses on our street was the mail person  delivering the mail I heard many dogs barking as she came to their door, and protecting their homes. 

Dad was very calm and relaxed and would have to be in real bad shape before letting me drive!

I was starving by the time we got home. I reached  up to take a plate down and a second one fell and hit me on the nose.  I got mad at it and threw it back into the cupboard.  Fortunately no plates were broken nor was my nose.

After eating dad took off to Home Depot which I found surprising.  He wants to fix the back pond.  He does like a project. Haiti, tail wagging and looking so proud, goes with him in the car. I am ready for a nap.

 Lets stop beating about the bush and get to the heart of the matter. Evidently the Jewish tradition is about blending heart and head.  I was thinking about old age and realizing the heart of the matter is really about losing our lifestyle more than all the aches and pains and tiredness.  Not being able to do what we use to be able to do and not to be able to eat what we used to love eating. We can feel these at any age, sick and tired,  especially when raising young children.  Parents just never get enough sleep.

In a baby the heart beating is a very important thing and it is something to be thankful for as we grow older!  An amazing sound and sight that Carl experienced.  Dad and I both have had that test.

"Dear God,
May every phase of my life be blessed,
May my thoughts of fear not block Your miracles.
May I age into a deeper love.
In this, as in all things, dear God
may the world not blind me to You."

Marianne Williamson.

"Prayer seeks a heart sense of the Heart of God -  Prayer Timothy Keller

1 comment:

nancy-Lou said...

I posted twice here and lost both! Maybe I just wrote it and didn't publish!

As always your post was well thought out with a theme and a touch of humour! Always enjoyable to read your blog, Beth!

Larry must have had the glucose tolerance test....where you fast, then drink a sugary drink and have your blood tested over the course of a couple of hours. I had that too....years ago.
It is good to get it over and have something to eat! Glad it all went well and he was out and about at Home Depot afterwards.

A lovely prayer at the end...a prayer from the heart!

Love, Nancy