Sunday, February 7, 2016

CONFIDENT

To feel confident is to feel happy.

No so easy when you realize that you need to join the slow walkers club and the slow walkers.

"We cannot live the afternoon of life for what was great in the morning will be little at evening.   and what was true in the morning  will at evening become untrue.
-Carl Jung   Stages of Life.

In the morning I can wake up confident of the things I am going to accomplish but by evening  I look at the unfolded laundry and sigh.  I know it is the important things that count.  I did visit Jim and he has been moved to the forth floor where all the people have mental problems.  He is in a small corner in his room listening to the radio that we gave hi years ago and I am so thankful it still works.
Sitting in a dull drab room with a confused room mate and not even being taken  down to the dining room.  Fortunately his daughter is visiting more and even took him out to MacDonald's one   day.  He shows me articles written up about his great achievements as a Helicopter Pilot.

He smiles in the photos with great confidence.

Glen, Cathy's husband came to watch the hockey game with us and have a good chat.  Exciting news that Des, is having twins.  Her husband is having trouble with this knowledge but I am sure confidence will come as they cope day by day.

Dad has an upset stomach so we are not going to church today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Confident! Well one thing that I am confident of is..........it is going to be cold this week

I think that is a good decision for you to make regarding not visiting regularly at the nursing home. It is time to take it easy and look after yourself, after all, those dedicated years of giving to others.

How nice to hear that Jim is getting such pleasure from the radio you gave him...sometimes that is the only connection folks have to life outside their room unless they have a television. You and Larry are such kind people.

yes, sometimes our adult children take time to decide what they want to pursue in life. I really hope that Hobey gets into the landscape school...that would be a nice vocation.
Our Granddaughter worked for three years and started engineering school this fall. She is doing well. There were 32 who started and now 18. It is a tough course. She will have work all summer, working in the country with an engineering firm. It is a three-year course.
Good luck to Hobey!

The bird feeder has been a busy place today. I went out and fed them early, in the blizzard...can you believe that the little chickadees still sang to me? They are so sweet.

I hope Larry's tummy settles down and you have a lovely evening.

Love,
Nancy

Sandra said...

Which one is Deserie, will these be her first children?

Randy and I are on the hunt for all things bathroom related. I do not know why something so simple becomes so hard, but we do not agree on anything. We bought a cabinet yesterday but then I saw one I liked better today at home depot. Randy does not agree.

I want to wallpaper the whole room, he does not.

I want a rectangle mirror, he wants oval.

He want granite, I want anything but.

Well, we will see how it all turn out.

Sandra

larry bennett said...

Yes it is amazing that dad and I agree on anyting.

It is Jessie that is looking land skaping

deserie has a daring little girl I think about four.

Love mom