Saturday, February 27, 2016

LASTING FRIENDSHIPS

Too bad several people were sick but dad and I enjoyed the visit at Pat and John's home.  We have known Pat and John for over thirty years.  John went with Larry on a outreach trip to Nicaragua about that long ago.  They went on an outreach mission taking vitamins and other items.  It was a very hard trip with little sleep and rice and beans which are not your dad's favorite.

We met Pat who is on the other end and then Maurice joined our study group which was unique and included the minister who married Mary and Michael John.  The minister at our own church was very disagreeable.  Strange eh!

To answer Nancy we used to have confirmation classes which I thought Larry and I would go to after we got married.  Finding a church was difficult so it was several years later and after four children we found a church in Tssawwasen.  I got involved but Larry was a Christmas and Easter church goer.  Later he would be involved in the outreach ministry.

We started out in the United Church but later would be apart of the Vineyard Charismatic church and later the Mennonite Community Church.  Now we are back at the United Church and one of the reasons is the lasting friendships we formed.

Very creative and fun loving friends that have shared in our joys and concerns.  Both ladies have had breast cancer and have been loving examples for me of endurance and  lasting faith!




2 comments:

Sandra said...

You are very fortunate to have long time friends. I have to be content with me random friends who come and go in my life.

I hope you did not over do it yesterday and will be up for another party today.

Sandra

larry bennett said...

No we took it quite easy.