Wednesday, March 2, 2016

A SHIELD

"But You O Lord are a shield to me
my glory and the one who lifts up my head
I cried to the Lord with my voice
and he heard me from His Holy Hill,"  Ps. 3:3

Thunder struck is how the ancients thought of God whose voice spoke through the thunder and lightning. 

"If we observe how the ancients spoke of lightning and thunder, it becomes more apparent how their mythological imagination helped them negotiate life's path.

Myths and stories create a map of the world within the invisible world. and the origins of how and were the voice of God speaks through intuition; a momentary flash of spiritual energy and revelation.

Nature is a powerful witness that can speak to our souls.  Music and art are other means to help us feel the presence of holiness and goodness.  Sunrise, sunset, moon and stars surround our planet with signs of His Glory!

We hear, and for a moment or for a lifetime. we carry that inspiration within our hearts.
"As I draw nearer to the heart of true creativity I perceive that there is paradoxically an increasing identity with God and me."  Gifts of the Dark Wood/

I  have in the past misinterpreted what I believed to be His voice.
 Our  human nature will always be flawed, as we see clearly in the Scriptures and the lives of Bible Hero's.

I wake up feeling lousy with a headache that makes me feel weak and shaky.

I would like to stay in bed and I can but I want to attend the study group and then get the viewing over with at the police station.  I pray and although I do not feel hungry eat the egg that dad has made.  I walk to the park with Haiti and enjoy watching children play and adults doing Ti Chi.  They are elderly Chinese people very friendly and kind.  I start to feel better.

We went to the police station and waited for 30 minutes before informing me it was postponed till next week.  I said I did not want to do that because I want to try and forget his face/

It was a depressing day for me and to-morrow it is the dentist for me and the doctor for dad.

"Sometimes when I'm lonely
And I don't know where I am going
Like a Vessel tossing on the sea
When angry winds are blowing
I look skyward to the angels
I turn inward to you Lord.

There is a quiet comes down on me. . .
Faith is stronger, stronger than before.

When your spirit comes down on me
I will journey, journey home once more."
LHM  1994  Faith's Journey.





3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

A lovely prayer full of comfort and the promise. I am going to copy it and keep it in a special place..maybe do some are and write the words on it. love it...thanks Beth.

So sorry to hear it was a tough day, but glad that you were able to put it in words. You are always so truthful when it comes to your life,good and bad. Many of us try to dodge the difficult things and push them to the background and they come back to haunt us again. Facing things is the way to go!

I don't think the police officers take into consideration how upsetting it is for you to have to keep thinking about this fellow...also where is the respect when it comes to making an elderly lady wait for 30 minutes and then say, come back next week?

It is still really cold for this time of year. The third morning where the thermometer hit -30 at 7:30 am. I really felt it yesterday when I drove in to pick up Carl from the hospital because I didn't wear my down filled coat...just a winter jacket. The wind was bitter. But there are good thing promised in the next few days.....temps above zero so let the melting begin!

Wishing you and Larry a much better day today...don't worry about things...just take it easy and go with the flow!

Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

And here it is a new day, and for sure a better one. I went to bed extra early and was able to catch up on my sleep, did not even wake up when Randy came home.

That is to bad that they could not have told you sooner, like before you even left the house that they could not do it yesterday.

Well, have fun at the dentist!

Sandra

beth bennett said...


thank you both