Monday, March 14, 2016

CONNECTED

This picture is from Sat. evening as we drove to Tssawassen.  Lots of storm clouds hanging over us but Tassawassen is still in the sun shine.

The reason I write my blog is to help our family keep connected.
Most of them do not read it but that is okay  too.

Kim and Theresa are over in Salt Spring and were going to enjoy seeing Ron play in the band.  He has come a long way since we first hear him plucking a few notes.  This is a big event for him!

Ron used to do a lot of colouring eggs with the children, Oliver, Theresa and Kim. 

The time change is not good for dad and I to keep on the same schedule.  I look at the clock and see it is time to get up.  Of course I have to walk Haiti first thing as Kim is away.  Dad looks at the clock and figures it is not really that time so he doesn't need to wake up.  He likes to argue even with the clock!  I am fortunate I always have things I want to wake up for, even if it is just to spend some quiet moments reading and praying.

I am trying to stay connected to our church community so I am reading the book about the gifts in the dark wood that the sermon on Sunday and the study group on Wed. is based on.  Last week the chapter was called lost and I felt I was still lost after reading it.  This week is on temptation.  If we read about the temptations of Jesus he was being tempted to do good and prove his power over the natural.

The point was made that often we are tempted to do good when it is not the right thing for us.  So many believers burn out from doing this.  Small acts of kindness to family or to strangers is important.  Life can be a struggle that calls me to try to be in harmony with God's will,  who wants what is best for me.

Let go of fear and embrace courage.

Listen to the music that flows all around us.

Receive the gift of joy that no one can take away from us unless we allow it.

Rest and receive by trusting and believing!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

What I take issue with is we have set up clocks to "spring" forward and yet it is winter out there! Very cold on my walks. Got most of our accommodations and cars lined up for our trips.

Got the paint on the wall in the bathroom, LOOOOOOVVVVEEEE the navy blue. It makes me happy to just look at it. Not sure how it will all look when done, but right now I am very happy.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Good stuff.

love mom