Sunday, March 6, 2016

SUDDENLY

Suddenly the robins are coming back

Suddenly the trees are covered in blossoms.

Suddenly my friends are looking older.
Hey maybe I am too..1

Suddenly the evangelicals are on Donald Trumps side because they think he may not be one of them but he will stand up for their rights.

Suddenly it is time to leave for Chilliwack.

Suddenly it was leaving the city behind into a sunny day and green farmlands with new plants and trackers and trucks that look just dinky toys from the car window as we pass on by.  The mountains are always impressive with still a bit of snow on the high ones.

Lots of fun at the Alexander's although Morgan was not there when we arrived as she and Carol had been at a family day at the Art Center in town.

Yes, a delicious supper and birthday cake and candles.  Morgan had picked out a present for her dad and was so excited to give it to him.  I am so thankful not to have to cook because it seems like I am having more and more culinary disasters.  Yes dad had two pieces of cake!  Hmm

Suddenly it was time to head home out into the darkness but there always is the glow from the sky of the lights ahead.

"So any idiot can face a crisis-its this day to day living that wears you out."  Anton Cheknov.

Suddenly it is time for bed. 

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Sounds like another wonderful day. Suddenly I am having to drag Lucy on her walks, seems like just yesterday I had a hard time keeping up to them. Even Peanut this morning kept coming back to me like something was wrong. I checked all her paws but could not find anything.
For a minute there I thought I was going to have to take my rain poncho off and make a sling to carry her over my back. But, she buckled down and made it home, thank goodness.

Randy is on a busy stretch at work, thank goodness we had Saturday to get the demo work done on the bathroom.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Is it because they do not like the rain?
Are you going to far.
I wish I had someone to drag me or even walk with me
I fell like your dogs I just want to go home.
Anyway I will try again this morning and wear dad`s big rain coat.
Good luck on your bathroom.
love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Sandra or Beth, what is the name of the pink flowers that are in the previous blog? They are the first picture...like a spray of flowers. I used to see them on my walks out there and never knew their name. Very pretty aren't they?

Your theme word, suddenly was cute Beth and you sure had lots of examples of suddenly.
There isn't anything much better than a family party is there? We haven't had one in a long time and I think once the weather becomes warmer and we can use our three season sunroom we will have one too!

Not too sure about the quote...I find day to day living just fine...the crisis are what are difficult for me. Glad there aren't many of them!

Another beautiful day here. The snow is melting, but it is going to take sometime here in the country where we received a lot more snow that the city. Bella tried to walk on the snow, which is about three feet deep still and it was ok for about 10 steps, then she fell through and had to "swim" her way out! She is ore adventerous than Max....more like a poodle..always alert and moves quickly. Max plods along, like a Schnauser and is more interested in sleeping upside down on the couch.

The thief who stole our nephew's snowmobile as well as other peoples things actually returned his snowmobile to him. People knew who he was and they kept going to his home and he got scared...didn't want to be charged by the RCMP.

I wish you a wonderful day....hopefully your walk will not be too tiring for you Beth. Just take it easy and don't push yourself or go too far. You have been through a lot this last year.

Love, Nancy

Steady-as-rain said...

two pieces of cake? That's quite some diet to get rid of diabetes, or at least keep in under control.

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

I think those are Japanese Andromeda Nancy

Anonymous said...

With Dads diet I am sure he is allowed a cheat day. That's how you stay sane and continue on the diet.
My opinion only 😒
Ken