Thursday, March 24, 2016

INVISIBLE

                                    Lunch out with Jane and Geof on a Thursday afternoon.
Jane and I have shared 40 years of many life changing experiences.  They took time out from last minute packing and dropping off items at various places.  They have a smaller place in West. Van.
with a view of the water and a perfect location.  Our hopes and prayers go with this very brave couple!

We will continue to visit back and forth and maybe find a new meeting place back at the Sylvia.
Jane has promised to come to my clown birthday party in July.  She was a real clown and performed at many churches bringing her gift of laughter and joy.
Friends are joined  together with an invisible thread.

The world is so empty if one thinks only of mountains
rivers and cities
but to know someone who thinks and feels with us
and who though distant
is close to us in spirit,   this makes the earth for us
an inhabited garden.
Johann W. Goethe

A friendship is kept alive by laughter and tears!

Most of us do not like change and it does not getting any easier as we get older.
Even in my spiritual life I have resisted change because of doubting and fear
I have wondered if God knew what he was doing in my life.

I am sure the disciples wonder about Jesus' actions too!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I forgot to call last night and say goodbye. Have fun on Sunday, but from the sounds of it you will need to dress very warm. See you all when I get back.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

I knew you would be busy so I did not call.

Have a great visit and an Joyful Easter.

Ours will be interesting!

love mom

nancy-Lou said...

There is nothing like good friends, is there Beth? They look like such a lovely couple. I hope you can stay in touch with their move to West Van.

Did you say you are having a clown birthday? Now that sounds like a lot of fun! Do the attendees have to dress up as clowns! now that is a blast! Maybe find an old Volkswagon and have 20 clowns climb out of it....just joking! Remembering all the Ringling Bros circus's I went to as a child.

There is a Good Friday service here, but I doubt there will be many at church because the highways are very icy and dangerous. It will be a day at home and we have two curling games to watch today...the Woman's World curling is on TV.

A day to reflect on the meaning of Good Friday. My Easter Lily is crying as they always do on Good Friday...did you know about that, Beth? The pistol always has drops of clear water on the end. Only on Good Friday.

Wishing you a Good Friday Day,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

No Nancy I did not know that.

I will take a closer look at mine.

Take care.

love Beth