Friday, March 4, 2016

CONFESSIONS

Where do I start.  I do not feel like doing much of anything especially shopping.  Meanwhile I am making a list of what dad can eat and is good for both of us.

Dad did crave something but I confess I am clearing out all temptation and recycling it.  He tried one of my GF cookies without sugar and was not impressed.  They are very dry and crumbly.

He was very thankful Panteli and Carol took him out for fish and chips yesterday.  He sure enjoyed them not knowing if they are not allowed.  I do not think he has to be too strict.

Dad is hiding his tools up in our bedroom.  If he did not have so many he would even take them to bed.  He is putting boards in the windows and a lock on the gate.  This has meant several trips to the store and in and out to the garage.  Haiti follows him back and forth.  I cannot get mad at her barking right now.

In the book Jane gave me I am reminded to pray and be thankful and continue to learn to trust in love and humility.

Love flowing unseen as I pray for others and feel the comfort of others praying for me.

4 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

I sure had a chuckle when reading about Larry taking all his tools to bed...that's a guy for you! Well it is good that you are making your home more safe...do you have an alarm system? We don't have one and never thought that we would need one, living in such a safe place....but some people out here are installing them. Not us!

Beth there are good sugar free candies and chocolates made by Stovers. They are available at most grocery stores. The dollar store has them for a much cheaper price. I find the sucralose the use to sweeten them irritates my celiac disease though. So don't eat many.

Getting used to a sugar free diet is hard at first when our body craves sugars...but once you get used to it, it becomes much easier.

The warm Pacific air has finally arrived and the temps are going to be above freezing all week...that is daytime temps. Thanks for sending it east to us!

I am excited about the teens art class today. We are painting pink roses on paper then mounting it on a stretched canvas..

wishing you a great day,

Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

I found the secret to changing your diet is not to focus on what you can not have, rather on what you need to add in. That being said, my weight has been on a steady incline since Christmas, so I am not happy about that!

Our old house we had sticks in all of the windows so thy could not be opened, but we don't here.

Will you be going back to the police station?

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Sandra
Yes concentrate on what you can have. So true.
Yes I had several good visits with Tasha and Leah and Craig and Mandy.

No I do not want to go back. Kim thinks I should.
Cathy says they can bring the pictures here.
I think I will stay with no.

A spring day here too! Sunny!

love mom

Sandra said...

It was a beautiful day yesterday, and we spent it ripping out our bathroom, and then I had a nap while Randy went down to the States to pick some parcels up.

It was very busy at the post office where he picks things up, hard to believe Canadians are still buying stuff.

Are you going out for lunch or dinner at the Alexandra's?

Sandra