Thursday, March 17, 2016

LAUGHTER

"Do not worry about the world coming to an end it is already to-morrow in Australia."
Charles Schults

Today I am going to have fun having fun.  The sunshine is awesome and I will put on some warm clothes to take Haiti for a walk, a shorter one so I will have energy to enjoy the tea at the church.  We have many wonderful cooks!

The ladies do a beautiful job putting on the Irish tea at the church.  Lots of good goodies to tempt dad but there will be fruit and cheese for us both to eat healthy.  Actually I will take my own cookies.  I should make something fancy so others will be envious.  First I have to shop for ingredients and for milk I did not buy yesterday because I was so busy getting the compost ready to be picked up today.

We all know laughter is the best medicine and dad sure enjoys the animal stories on face book.  He will be laughing when I am trying to settle down and go to sleep.  Computers should not be in the bedroom but ours is.

Certainly watching the news gives a person lots to worry about and the thing is there is nothing much we can do.

"Do not worry about to-morrow, for to-morrow will worry about itself."  Matthew 6:34

So I can choose not to worry about things that happened yesterday
and it is no use fretting about to-morrow for I need the energy for today.

So if I stop worrying and feeling anxious I will find things to laugh about and enjoy today.

I was fusing with my hair and wondering why one side goes perfect and the other seems to be rebelling and difficult when dad decides he is not up to going today.  This is unusual as he really enjoys this spring tea.

I find in my reading the Quakers do not believe Jesus is more than a good person so although I agree more silence is good I also have my faith that I am committed to believe.

I will now take Haiti for a walk and maybe cut the grass and party another day! !








6 comments:

Sandra said...

So did you not go to the tea with out dad? Randy is suppose to get the grass cut today. It will depend on what his drive home is like. I am trying to get the scoop on my traffic, some places say there is an accident but others are not. I can take a different route home if I know for sure. Sandra

Sandra said...

I updated my phone and now it does no ring. I leave to go see Mary and family Friday March 25th and come home Sunday April 3rd.

nancy-Lou said...

Laughter, well they say laughter is the "best medicine" don't they? I know after spending some time with my friend Gina, painting, listening to old time music, dancing around and laughing, it sure does feel good. We actually do get some painting done too!

I have been reading Carl some of Larry's stories and we both are enjoying them. What a good writer he is...lots of detail and suspense! He certainly has had a lot of experiences and must have nine lives, like a cat! Did he sell real estate at one time? I read about he being at a realty office in one of his stories.

It is a cold day today, mainly due to the north wind. But the sun is so strong and warms p our unheated sunroom quickly. The dogs and cat like to sit in the sun out there.

The bird feeders are busy, with our usual winter birds, but some early migrating birds are starting to come through..such as the junco. They are really early this year. The Red Polls are one of my favourite birds...they migrate here from the ARtici tundra and spend the winters here, in the Boreal forest, they are sparrow like birds, very small and brown striped on their breasts. They ahve a cheery little red cap and the males have streaked red breasts. There is a sub species called the Hoary REdpoll and it is frosty looking ...tipped in white. They are not as common and very pretty.

I am thinking of Randy and his daily commute from North Van...that is a brutal commute, especially when you do it daily. We are always glad to get through there and to Horseshoe Bay for the ferry to the Island. The communter lane is pretty neat...not sure what they call it, but it works well for us.

Sorry to hear you have stopped going to your study group, but sometimes things change and we change too...all part of our life experiences. It is good that you continue to read the studies at home. I enjoyed the times I participated in study groups and learned a lot too. There is one currently, in conjunction with our church...but I am not going.

Wishing you both a good day,

Love, Nancy




beth bennett said...

The next chapter is called the gift of disappearing which I feel we are doing a bit of. Anyway I best be reading it.

I think I am caught up in my planning for awhile.

Dad has a runny nose and nausea. I want him to eat more regularly but not having much success.

Love beth

Anonymous said...

Thursday and Friday were the last hot days off the year . Friday morning we wake to a cold southerly wind and rain showers. The formula One is on this weekend here in Melbourne. I think it starts about 10pm your time. If you watched the practice you would have seen the typical Melbourne fall weather.
After 6 early shifts I finally have days off and start back Monday 12noon for a week of pm shifts.
Ken

beth bennett said...

No we did not watch. Is it Tennis.

Amazing how fast the weather can change.

Enjoy your days off.

Love mom