Tuesday, March 1, 2016

GARDENS

"Every problem is a blessing in disguise." 
Thomas Kincaid.

I think that this was a wake up call to make sure things are locked up tight.  We have become careless.

Police are suppose to catch the thieves not us.

Yes, the police have dropped in to visit us, much to dad's disapproval, soon after I put in the call.  They have already caught someone   stealing in our area and he would appear to be the same person. They want to know if I can identify him as the same man. I do not like the idea because I might make a mistake.  He just phoned and ask me to come to the station at 6 to-morrow night.

 Dad had a good chat once he warmed up to Ryan  the young officer.  He was very kind and sympathetic.

 Later a  chilling wind and light rain influence my walk with Haiti.  I did a short quick trip to the park and back again.  I think we are feeling a bit shocked.

I went visiting at the Seniors home as Joyce is back from the hospital.   She seem a little down too.

My garden is coming to life slowly.  Every little bud is a delight.  Not my tulips but I love the colour!  Raining again this morning but rain or shine I need to get out for a walk.

I was thinking how the Bible story starts in a garden and ends in another garden.  Reading my book I find in this chapter that the Holy Spirit moves in unexpected ways which will lead through the desert before returning to a garden.  The Gifts of the Dark Wood which I read Sunday morning instead of going to church.

"Solitude is the audience-chamber of God."  -Walter Savage Landore.

Finding the sacred place deep inside your being that is calling your creativity to be expressed.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I am very proud of you mom for doing the right thing over dads objections. It is very shocking when you see a stranger in your personal space like that.

For some reason I could not sleep last night, got up at 11:00 to do some cleaning and a cup of tea, then read for a bit till after midnight. I hope tonight is better.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Thank you Sandra.
I do not think anyone has ever told me they are proud of me!
Today we have our study group at the church then I look at pictures at the Police Station. I feel a fear every time I open the back door and look at that window.
Hope you have a better sleep to-night that is miserable.
I think a long walk helps me and giving my self time to wind down as I go to bed.

Love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

Glad you chatted with the Police.

Can't hurt.

If they catch the fellow probably better for him as well.