Saturday, April 2, 2016

CHANGING TIMES

I remember the days when you could
only take out three books and renew them
only once.

Now you can take out as many as you want
and renew them three times.  It will take me a week at least to read a book.  If I read when I rest I fall asleep.

My day did not start that great when the garbage man refused to take all my garbage as they are so fussy now with recycling.  I do admire these
hard working young man and often smile and wave at them as they go by.  That was when I was going for early morning walks.

It felt like dad and I were being chased out of town as we sped to the eye appointment.  Behind us on the freeway where a bunch of maniac drivers with that goal in mind.  We get slowed down as soon as we turn off and hit road work.  Believe it not or not we do get their in time.

The eye doctor did not keep us waiting for over an hour so that was good.  Dad's one eye is a wee bit better but the other is not good at all.  One good thing about getting old and your body slows down the aging process with the bad stuff hopefully slows down too.

Dad comes home and gets busy varnishing the fence.  After a while he feels dizzy but at least O am fine.

I do a little gardening the grass is growing like a weed.  I like to try and keep it short as it is a bit easier to cut.  The lawn mower can get heavy but that is good for making my arms strong.  I do not need a gym pass right now.

I finally get hold of Leah.  The blood work shows the baby is very healthy which is good news.  She is still very nauseate which is so miserable.  She is not back to work yet.  They do not know if the little one is a boy or a girl.  Sandra you could always send the girl clothes as in our family it would not be the first child that wore pink and we would wonder why others thought he was a girl.

Another beautiful day and lunch and supper will be out on the back patio.

"This is the day that the Lord has made let us rejoice in it by giving thanks!"

4 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

We do our own garbage and re-cycling. The re-cycling bins can get in a real mess. People jam cardboard from boxes in and take up all the room. They should cut it up....huge boxes from large tvs. Too bad about the garbage man not taking everything!

Maybe Larry got dizzy from all the fumes from the varnish. One time Carl was putting down glue for linoleum and he almost passed out..I had to drag him out of the bathroom by his feet. not an easy chore!

Does Larry have Glaumcoma? That is a nasty thing...I have a friend with that. I do hope he can get some help with it.

It is good to know that you can push that lawn mower around and don't need to go to a gym! Our lawn is too large for me to cut...so we hire a fellow.

AWe...poor Leah....nausea is so debilitating isn't it, Beth? I know you had a bad spell of it too. I do hope she will soon be through it all...isn't she past the usuall three months of nausea?

My teen art class went well...I always enjoy teaching kids. One of the parents vans was covered in ice..especially around the wheel wells...they drove through the snow storm last night and the highway was really icy....slush and frozen ice. There was a bad accident when one car lost control and the car behind it had to slam on....they both ended up in the ditch..one rolled over. Sure glad my student and her family were ok.

This weather is nuts...it is -09 at 5pm and in Regina..which is just 700 kms away it is 25.
The poor birds are cold and hungary...the few that have already migrated look so forlorn...like "why did I come so early?"

Enjoy your lunch and supper on the patio....our turn will come, one of these days!

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

First of five days off for me . Although I go to work Tuesday am for overtime. Turned our clocks back today. The weather is cool. Still no card for Jasmine . I can't believe the Canucks won yesterday'. Actually Andreas who's brother plays for the ducks told me the Canucks had a chance as lot of players not well.
Ken

Anonymous said...

PS. JASMINES CARD ARRIVED TODAY !!
She says thank you.
Ken

beth bennett said...

I am so pleased Jasmine's card arrived. Mine has not arrived here
It must be the Auzzie mail;!Yes dad has it and it is nasty.
Leah is over 4 months and should be better but is not.

Love mom