Monday, April 4, 2016

MEMORY MAKER


A  memory maker!  A great visit with Rick on his way home back to Kamloops.  Hopefully  his energy returns when he gets that nasty infection from his tooth is cleared up.  His work is a challenge but then it is a government job.  He is neither top or bottom but his work with the natives is important!

Kim and Carol saved the day by going over to get some extra food.  I panned on a few sandwiches
and fruit and cheese.  They added an excellent salad and pickled beets and more fruit and fancy cheese!
I will correct the spelling later as my spell checker has left me. My dad would be very annoyed when I misspelt words  in my letters back home.  He had perfect writing and expected the best from my brother and I. We talked about the memories that Rick especially had with his great grannie.  Some things we just took for granted that they remembered.

Panteli discovered a million flies trying to escape our garage window.  More excitement at that window but with another escape being needed
dad opened the window and set them free.

Meanwhile Sandra has had a memory making trip from Ontario which we will hear about later.

I have had a lazy week but this week has some activities planned.  There always has been things to do in the garden, pulling weeds, watering, trimming etc. which keeps me humble and on my knees.  I am always amazed when new life returns to dead branches.  I also have been surprised to see many heart shapes in the plants and flowers.  A memory maker to awaken an awareness that I am loved and my Creator is loving too!

I did a tiny bit of gardening and some reading on prayer.  Living prayerfully is living hopefully!
It does not matter where or when we pray or the words we say it is the attitude.

Dad watched the girls World Cup Hockey play a memory making game as they won a close exciting game and will be playing U.S. later today.  We will be watching that for sure.

I may go visiting.

"The human heart has hidden treasures,
In secret kept, in silence sealed;
The thoughts, the hopes, the dreams, the pleasures,
Whose charms were broken if revealed."
--Charlotte Bronte,  -Evening Solitude.






3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Lovely family photos...and a lovely family get together too. Sometimes the spontaneous meetings are the best...everyone chipping in to help gather a meal together...good for the girls, shopping etc. I think it sounds like the girls did most of the work and the guys did most of the eating. hahah. Things never change do they?

Good for you having a lazy week, Beth! You have earned that many time over throughout the years of caring for so many others.

My tune hasn't changed...it is darned cold...sorry to complain about it again...BUT it was -18 this morning. BRRRRRR. We cancelled Carl's doctor's appointment for tomorrow. There are two snow storms coming over the next three days and they say we could get up to a foot of snow. So we will stay home. Watch the world's curling all week.

Lovely little poem by Bronte about secrets...I think we all have secrets that we have never spoken up and will take with us when we depart this life.

Have a lovely Monday,
Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

It was very hard to believe the message on my phone that my flight was cancelled because of snow. It was so generous of Mary to drive me all the way to Ottawa. If I would have gone to Toronto there would have been no guarantee the later flight I had been put on would not be canceled as well.

I find it so hard, this having family far away. I so miss my own home and husband when I am gone, but then miss the family that I have to wave good bye to at the airport. Simone is now speaking french and english back and forth, depending on what type of story she is telling.

Sebastien was very close to walking, taking 3 steps, but that was about it.

Looking forward to the weekend and getting into my garden.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes Sandra I always felt that way visiting my mom and dad
and always remember her waving from the window at their
home or from her bed at the nursing home.

I hope that I will always be near to some family. Up late watching girls World Cup Hockey.

love mom