Sunday, April 24, 2016

ELEPHANTS

We appreciated Ben phoning to tell us about his soccer game which was in Richmond.  We have been to that field and the parking is difficult although at times you get a lucky break

I really wanted to go.

It would have been great to be there and watch.  Also good to visit with Morgan she is very creative and always so happy to see us.  Theresa has had a busy week driving Ben to Burnaby after her work at school and his classes and returning at 11 at night.

Kim cleaned inside the house while dad and I worked on the garden.  A new experience as usually it is just me.  A lot more needs doing.

I came in hot and tired to read my book "Leaving Time"  It is about a young girl trying to find her missing mother who disappeared when she was about three.  Her mother worked with elephants and I found the stories about elephants very interesting,

The characters that help her in her search are all very flawed and in need of answers in their own lives.  The writer's purpose was to draw attention to the sad plight of elephants and how they need protection.

To be honest I skipped a few chapters and have a few more to go.

Church will be on the agenda for this morning and then the trip to pick up Carol's new car and barbecue.

"May your life be like a wild flower
growing freely in the beauty
and joy of each day." - unknown

If I look at all we did not get done I feel sad
so I need to look at what we did do.



.

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Elephants....hmmmm now it is hard to come up with a retort to elephants..except that I like them.
I too, have had to skip over or skim some pages of Jodi Picoult's books. Some go on and on to long...but the stories are engrossing aren't they. The one I am reading is The Pact and it is about two teenagers who have a pact to commit suicide, but only the girl gets shot. The boy survives and is charged with murder. Did he do the crime? hmmmm.

Gosh Theresa does well, to work, look after her family and drive Ben all week to the soccer games. We will keep our fingers crossed that he is accepted into the White Caps organization. How wonderful that they are interested in him. He is a talented young man in many ways. Morgan too, with her creative projects that are fostered by her Mom and Grandmother. A lovely family. Wasn't that nice that Ben called to tell you about the game. I am sure he missed you, but as you say, the driving and parking can be difficult.

Wishing you and Larry and good Sunday,

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

The kids and I went for a bike ride, the weather continues to stay warm. Today is ANZAC day ,public holiday. Melina is working 10am till 3pm I start at 14:45 Nonna's is here to watch the kids for an hour or two.she will probably stay for dinner.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Ken your two are sure getting bigger, and fun you can ride bikes together.

Good Nonna can help out with all your different shifts.

Watched another over-time hockey game.

\love to you all.
love mom