Saturday, April 9, 2016

POTENTIAL

Yes we all have potential some even unused,
Dad and arrived at Sandra and Randy's home and once again are greeted by her dear hubby and her beautiful garden.  They both have skills and potential as they are willing to work hard and take on new projects.  Sandra was not at home but receiving an award for achievement.

My goal right now is to maximize my brain's potential.  Yes, even this rusty and dusty brain can improve.  I hope improvement will lead to prevention. 

The physical: am I taking care of my body.

The mental: am I actively engaged in learning

The emotional: am I working for balance

The spiritual" am I connected to something outside myself greater than I can understand.

Did you know tennis is very good for your brain?
Even throwing a ball back and forth is good to help concentration.
I am reading some of my old brain books.
I am hopeful of renewing my energy which might mean not overdoing activities.
Dr. Nolte was surprised I cut our lawn.  Get some help girl! 

Anyway today I will cut the front and side lawn.

Then we do the in and out giving away junk.  I put it out and dad who sees great potential in every little thing will bring it all back in.

Have fun!  Jump off the wrong train before you go too far!

"Let yourself relax into the moment
Let yourself be held without any need to hold yourself up
Let yourself be prepared to meet the unknown
With inner strength and courage that is a gift to You!

What if there are angels all around you
What is there is love so vast that you can never be apart from it.
You enter the beauty that is not far from your heart (in nature, in song, in creativity, in love)

Michael Stillwater.



2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Potential....yes, we all have potential, but I often see it wasted when a student doesn't have the motivation to follow through. Sometimes it is the student with less potential that succeeds! They have the drive...they want to achieve.

What a lovely flower garden at the entrance to Sandra and Randy's home....is he working on an outdoor pergola? I can just visualize it with trailing roses...mmmmm. They never succeed here because our season is so short...and it is difficult to winter over the hybrid tea roses. I had a rose garden for many years and loved it!

You sure are reading up on some self-help books Beth and find some good quotes.

You do very well to cut the grass. We have such a large yard and bought an electric mower, but it us too large for us to do now so we hire Greg a local chap, to do it.

Reading and playing music is good for the brain too...it teaches the brain to process thoughts in a different manner. I play at least an hour a day, for pleasure and also to keep in good condition for teaching...mostly for pleasure. It has been a lifelong habit that I am so grateful for.

It is still very cold, but they say a warming trend is coming later this week...we sure hope so! Currently, it is -3C with a 60km hour wind. So I don't think the dogs and I will be going for a walk today.

You are so funny Beth..out and in with the junk! I have to "sneak" it out when Carl isn't looking...if he happens to see me he always asks, " are you giving away my stuff again"? I am not kidding when I say, he would haven't thrown out anything in the 55 years we have ben married. he has a closet full of clothes and yet wears the same things day in and day out!

How is your shoulder, Beth? Do you still have loss of movement and pain? Those things can become chronic and hard to live with.

Well we are off to the job site where Mark is working. Just to have a look and then going out for supper...something we rarely do, but Carl wants to go. Just up to Grand Beach, a 15-minute drive.

Have a lovely evening.

Love,
Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes we all have so much in common do we not especially when it comes to our men!

Yes I still have pain and loss of movement and lack of motivation but it will come back soon I am sure.

Had a great day at the soccer field.

Wonder how rick and hiss tooth is doing.

Did not get the grass cut.

I carried my books up and down stairs but did not get any reading down.

I love music too. We have a new piano player at church so that should be
interesting.Love beth