Thursday, April 21, 2016

MISSING

Yes I missed out a day.


A crazy day arriving 4 hours early with my
family doctor in White Rock to get the results
from the neurologist.  I thought I had the time right but dad was going to check just to make
sure.

Yes I have a pre-mature aging brain that
is hidden in my glorious grey hair and my
fabulous body.

I felt like I had a good check-up and so I can now let go of any worries about the future.

Yes, I am getting a halter monitor to test my heart but I do not expect it to show any thing.

If we had hurried right home we would have been there when Craig and Leah dropped by.  Instead we stopped by Home Depot for some flowers.  Dad is more keen on this than I am so he will have to be helpful especially with the digging.

Dad finished his project and gave Leah a call to invite her over yesterday.

Are you confused I am.

Leah came over on Wed.  She is looking good but tired and still nauseated.  She is starting work as a home care nurse on Monday.  Right now the apartment is full of boxes ready to move on  the end of April.

A busy day for me cleaning out window boxes and putting dirt and flowers in.  Geraniums.

I started cutting the lawn but Kim came and finished it very quickly.

A very enjoyable afternoon visiting with Leah.
She brought her two dogs so Haiti was jealous and snapped at them and had to go to her room for a time out.

"The earth is Holy
The feet that walk upon it are blessed."
-Chief Dan George.


5 comments:

Sandra said...

It was another hot day yesterday, good for puttering around in the yard. It was nice to hear the rain, which I was able to do since I was awake at 3:00 am watching Poirot. It was be a very long day today!

nancy-Lou said...

Well I am glad that you got the diagnosis, Beth! It could have been a lot worse!
At least you can put aside any worries about strokes and things....and you now can live with it and enjoy each day as it comes!
You have such a good husband and family and they are always there to give you a hand when needed. We all have aging brains that cannot function as well as they used to...me too!

Poirot. oh I do like him too, Sandra! Excellent series. Do you watch it too, Beth?

Hot weather and flowers...I am chomping at the bit here! Bring it on! It will be another month before we can put out flowers..the May long weekend and even then it is chancy and I have to bring them in, if frost is forecasted. It sounds wonderful to be cleaning out the baskets and window boxes and planting flowers.
We are going to clean out the flower and vegetable boxes today...it is something that Carl can do sitting on a chair.

Awe, poor Leah, still having nausea. She must be well past the usual three months. I hope it goes away soon.

The bird migration is in full swing with many raptors in the skies. The turkey vultures have returned and they are so awesome to watch soaring in the skies with the huge wings upturned to the heavens. They have alwas been here at VB...years ago they used to clean up any leftover mink feed that was tossed over the fences. There used to be six mink ranches here, with thousands of mink. One ranch alone had 12,000 mink. It was the main source of income and was started by Tirza's Father, Ferade, with just one pair of mink. Now there are no ranches. The bottom fell out of the market when furs became unfashionable to wear. But many folks made a good living when the times were good.

Well off to make lunch and then to work outside..which I love to do,

wishing you a wonderful day too,

love. Nancy
e

beth bennett said...

Yes a lot to be thankful for and if some one asks my age
I can say I am not sure maybe I am 80 or 85?

We have watched Poirot but not lately.

Leah is due the beginning of Sept. and our family is
full up the first week with birthdays.

Leah is fortunate to have a good husband and we all are
so excited for her. She is moving about 25 minutes away

Sending lots of warm weather past East

Love Beth

Anonymous said...

We had a nice drop of rain yesterday , about 5mm , not much in Vancouver terms. The kids return to their tennis lessons today, Matthew doesn't really want to play , but when he gets on the court he has fun. I am going into work for overtime 15:15 to 00:15.

Ken

beth bennett said...

Hi Ken,
Yes kids are often like that and I am too some times thinking
I do not want to do some thing but have fun when I do.
That is a good sport.
Rain here to-night and that is good as the ground is dry.

Love mom