Monday, April 25, 2016

THE HEART MONITOR

.
Every beat of my heart will be monitored from 12:30 today until 12:30 Tuesday 
My greatest fear is that it will make me more clumsy.

I drop every knife or fork that is on a plate when I pick it up and it lands on my toe.  I will soon run out of dishes if I keep breaking the odd old one but strangely enough that would make dad happen because he wants to buy more dishes.  I am not big on making things match I leave that to Sandra and Carol.  I used to be able to walk around Haiti if she was lying in my path but now she automatically gets out of the way,  Smart dog!  Try to walk in the yard is a disaster especially the front yard which is a balancing act between the rocks and hard places.  I step on the rake and it flies up and bonks me on the head.  So far I have not run my toes over with the lawn mower which I am thankful for.

I am still amazed at how a monitor can hear babies heart beating  inside the womb.
What a welcome sound that is and always will be.

Dad and I had a quiet day on Sunday not going to church or going with Carol and Panteli to take care of details with her new car purchase.  Dad's energy was low and his eye was painful.

I did muck around in the dirt by myself and planted a few flowers.
Today I want to move things around which is normal for me.

"Your heart communicate to you the meaning in your life and of your life.
It connects you to a greater source of knowing to which the mind cannot gain access."
-  Paulo Coelho

"The heart has its reasons that reason does not know."
-Blaise Pascal

There is an invisible cord that feeds us spiritually just like the baby is nourish through the placenta to the heart.  All it takes is listening and in the quiet new ideas and new thoughts will pour from within.

'The intuitive mind I a sacred gift
the rational mind a faithful servant."
-  Albert Einstein




2 comments:

Sandra said...

I don't think the monitor will make much of a difference in your dropping things, no better or worse. I puttered around the garden and moved some plants and got string up for the vines to get them heading up towards the pergola. Randy got off work early and we did a quick run out to Langley.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Gosh that must be frustrating for you Beth, to drop things and have to be careful walking around the dog and in your garden. I worry Carl may trip on one of our dogs, or especially our son's dog...she is a large dog and 14. As deaf as a post, which make it more dangerous for Carl.
When I was cooking for the construction crew, I bought Corelle dishes and we still use them. They are very durable and don't break often...when dropped. They are light weight too.
I hope you are able to sleep tonight while wearing that heart monitor...I don't know what is involved, but imagine it is uncomfortable for you.

Carl had a call from his surgeon's nurse. He had the ultrasound last week and they have now ordered a CT scan of the aneurysm, for next week. We are going to have a very busy two days. I have a colonoscopy for the day before and he has an appointment with his Urologist the next day as well as the CT scan. Lots of travelling...good thing we still have the brand new Sienna...it is a rental. Very nice to drive...large though for parking lots.

Today was bath day for Max and Bella. They are very good and seem to enjoy it. I had to be creative though because we don't have a bath tub now...just a large walk in shower. I put a large plastic storage container in there and filled it with warm water....they had a good soak...right up to the necks.

we had a gift from the heavens fall on our drive-way today. A large pickerel fish. We think the Osprey dropped it when he was flying over on the way to his nest up the street. The fish didn't last very long because the crows spotted it. nature is wonderful isn't it?

Glad to hear that you and Larry were out working in the garden. I love to do that.

Have a good evening...we are watching the Blue Jays. Carl has no interest in the hockey play offs because there aren't any Canadian teams.

Love, Nancy