Wednesday, April 6, 2016

TEAM WORK

I would not be able to
do my visiting without
my partner who drives
me places.

I pop into the home by myself while
dad programs the GPS to take us where
we already know where we are going.

It is a great help except it thinks we are
in New York or California.  Evidently
they have similar streets there.

Joyce my first visit is gradually slowing down and she tells me the same stories so the main thing besides compassion is patience.  I offer to read to her just a simple prayer or poem.  She loves dogs so I can listen to her dog stories.

From there we go to visit Margaret who has cancer in her arm which has weakened it and it is broken and painful.  She will be having cancer therapy.  She tries to tell us what happened and how it was finally diagnosed with great difficulty.  Dad comes in to add his humor by telling a few stories.  Joan her care giver really appreciates our presence and is able to take a break and go to the store while we are there.

Today I am going to the ladies meeting at the church.  I drive there myself.

They are a great group who also work as a team.  Some have ideas and others have energy and some have   different opinions.  Jane and I have been faithful members for years and everyone will miss her energy and bright sense of humor.  She has settle into a new apartment and is happy with the view and the many things within walking space.

Oh the water is wide, I can't cross over
   Neither have I wings to fly.
Build me a boat that will carry two
   And both shall row, my love and I."
-Scottish folk song


5 comments:

beth bennett said...

Ken you must be tired and exhausted.
Hope you can catch up on your sleep but
that seems impossible.

Nancy Larry likes to read the comments that I know!

love Mom

Sandra said...

I know how much I need Randy in my life, but I always think it is strange he says he misses me when I am gone since all I really do at home is make messes and boss him around and interrupt his model building.

I am going to try the Toastmasters like Susan suggested. It is at the church just up the road from me and on Thursday evenings. I might even get desperate enough to go an actual church service! I really miss having friends to talk about stuff with. People who dont judge and you are not competing with. Sometimes you just need to say things out loud I find to get them off of your mind so you can move on.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Yes, we work as a team don't we? Good for Larry, being your chauffeur driving you to the nursing home. Do you just drive around locally? That is what we do. Carl just drives around here and I do the driving otherwise.

We are going to Pine Falls tomorrow and going to drop in the hospital and visit our old minister...Canon Whitford. He must be about 90 now. He was such a good minister and always had a great sense of humour. I have to stop in a our doctor's office to with a form for him to fill out.

I feel sorry for Sandra...she must have lost a good friend. Friends are so important in our lives and we sure need them. Good for you Sandra, going to Toastmasters...and maybe church. I find the church community wonderful...very caring and you can meet some good people there.

The Ladies Group at church are fortunate to have you there, Beth. You would add so much to their group.

I started a new blog today on Wordpress.com. it is called The Nature Nut of the East Beaches. I do love nature, like to write and post some photos too. You are my inspiration!
I posted it on my FB page.

The snow has stopped, but it is still a winter wonderland out there...all white! We will have another snowstorm tonight...this must be the fifth time it has melted and come back making for some very messy windows and floors where the dogs jump up and walk on.

Have a good Wednesday,

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

I had a good nights sleep last night ,woke at 7am and listened to the Canucks pre game show on the radio. Nice and sunny , but cooler today. We may go to see Jungle Book the movie today if Melina doesn't want to go . Melina is working tonight.
Ken

Anonymous said...


It was good to talk with you yesterday and good to hear that you had a visit with both Joyce and Margaret it means so much. l will miss the U.C. W and the church family which is our congregation at Colebrook however l am finding the people at west Vsn united very welcoming.it s also reassuring to have the family close by.My cousin is coming to supper. so l had better get my skates on and dance in my minute kitchen Love Jane.