Sunday, April 10, 2016

FALLING

Soccer players do it so frequently and so easily.
Getting ready for action.

Dad's falls always come as a great surprise.  One minute you are sitting on the edge of the bed in the middle of the night and the next minute he was on the floor looking up at me.  It is a shock for both of us!  The tricky part is getting up which he managed to do by crawling and reaching out for the bed.  I am not any help.  Next putting a bandage on his elbow where it is bleeding.  Yes it could have been worse and we are both thankful it was not.
Dad falls back to sleep and I fall into a world of worry; so easy to do at night.
Dad would agree with Bishop Fulton Sheen that worry is a form of atheism for it betrays a lack of faith and trust in God.  Their is a book that is called I think and I have a headache with me it is I breath and I have a worry.  O.K. a slight exaggeration

Dad has a comfortable chair at the game and it actually bounces but again it is getting up and out.

.


A true blue soccer mom so proud of her children!




4 comments:

Sandra said...

Bens season must be just about over, what ever happened with his try out for the White Caps team?

We got our vines bought for the pergola, though Randy thinks I need more. I did not get a rose Nancy Lou, or a Wisteria, both were on my list. I will see when I get these ones planted if I have spots for them. I had gift cards for a smaller nursery so was using those up, so not a lot of selection there.

Maybe you need to put pillows along the bed like I did for the kittens in case they fell over the stair railings?



Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

OH dear....it must have been a night for falling...I am glad Larry is Ok but understand how much we wives worry don't we? It must have given you both a scare.
Carl fell on ice when walking to the van. I cannot lift him and he cannot get up himself so I called our sons, who thankfully were just arriving home from work. He too, has a nasty cut on his wrist where the gravel took some skin off and was bleeding. He is sore today, how is Larry, sore too? He is getting more unsteady on his feet and it doesn't help that his ankles are fused and have no flex.

Sandra, I hope you will post some photos of the pergola later in the year when it has some vines and roses ( wisteria ) growing up it. Love them.
You are such a good gardener. I used to have a lovely garden, but it was always a struggle growing plants in the unfertile soil...mostly sand. It cost a lot to supplement it and I lost the fight to the deer...now I understand why my friend called them " VERMIN" and she spit the word out! They have destroyed most of the naturally occurring undergrowth and small trees in our forest, yet people continue to feed them. The local greenhouses have suffered because no one wants to put out money and have it gone in a flash overnight.

Yes, I wondered too, what is happening with Ben and the Whitecaps? Maybe they will watch him all season...then make a decision.

It is snowing again and I fed the birds...soon will stop, once the nice weather arrives and there is more natural food for them.

Wishing you both a wonderful day,

Love,
Nancy

Steady-as-rain said...

Falling is not good.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Yes dad was very sore and stayed home from church.

I persuaded him to go to Carol and Panteli's for supper with Ben and Morgan.

Very enjoyable.

Ben has three big games in Burnaby coming up.

He goes after school and will not be home until 10 or 11.

I am not sure if it is this week and
carol may help driving.

Exciting.

Falling is one of the miseries of getting older and it happens so fast.

love mom