Monday, April 18, 2016

HAPPINESS





            Happiest living life prayerfully.

I am happiest when I am helping others.  Listening to their stories.

I am thankful we live in a world where here is a possibility of kindness and of caring.

I am happiest when I am with family and friends.

"There is a longing among all people and creatures
     to have a sense of purpose and worth.
To satisfy that common longing in all of us we must respect each other."
-     Chief Dan George.

Singing along with a familiar song, in tune or not, is a joy.

I am happy when I come across a saying or a prayer that I can share on my blog
happiest when I read the comments.

"Every little thing is sent for something,
and in that thing there should be happiness
     and the power to make me happy.
Like the grasses showing tender faces to each other
     thus we should do, for this was the wish
of the grandfathers of the world."
     -Black Elk

Happy to receive lots of hugs and smiles at church
then off to Sandra and Randy's for a enjoyable lunch and a visit
around their home to see all they are doing and have done.

New garden areas and a home for the bats!
The addition to make the fence higher and for more flowers to grow upon.

Sandra was picked up after we left to go to Theresa's and Mickie's
by Carol  and Morgan.  Randy was off to work.
to enjoy their big, huge new deck with great outdoor furniture.

Time for dad and I to rest and be happy! !

"Tough choices face the book lovers at every step of the way,
the choosing between reading and rating,
between buying new clothes or new books.

Between living a reasonable lifestyle and one of prnurions but masochistic happiness
lived out in excess."

Tom Raabe   -  The literary Addiction






4 comments:

Sandra said...

We got to look at the deck, but did not eat outside as Mikey had just stained the fence and the smell was still pretty noticeable. VERY big traffic jams on highway 1, all the people out on a beautiful Sunday visiting the tulip fields. Carol and I were happy that it was cleared up by the time we headed home.

First time this spring leaving the dogs outside for the day while I am at work. The real worry will be what they might dig up that I have just planted.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes, dogs do like digging.

Glad the traffic cleared up for you homeward bound.

Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Happiness...an excellent title for a blog. We wouldn't appreciate happiness as much if we were happy all the time, would we? It is the yin and yang of life that makes the good times even more precious.

Happiness is seeing the snow gone...finally and the stir of excitement thinking of the growing season finally coming. Happiness is the gladiolus corms, ranunclus bulbs and begonia bulbs that I bought yesterday. The deer have taken away my beautiful gardens...they ate all my perennials as well as the shrubs, mountain ash tree and lilac bushes...but hope springeth eternal and I still have the deck in the fenced back yard. The deer easily jump the fence, but they don't venture up the stairs on the deck.

I love seeing the photos of Sandras gardens.....she is an amazing gardener and even has a bat house! We have lots of bats here....much to some folks terror.

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Very warm here , about 27c. I took down the above ground pool. There was a leak and rocks poking up from the ground. I am not sure weather to get a new one or put a car port on. . Melina home early tonigh. She is making her famous chicken snitzel .
Ken