Friday, April 1, 2016

BOOKS

Dad comments about the amount of books
I am taking from the library and he has to
carry two bags full.

"Do you think you have enough books?"

"No I laugh and think in my head next time I will take a shopping cart!"  Look at all I have left behind.

I am doing some light reading now.  Is that called summer reading.

My first book I am going to read is about an older couple opening a small book store of used books with cozy chairs and coffee and friendly people.  The first task is going through all their books to decide which ones to put up for sale.  They agree to be ruthless but secretly hide from each other the ones they have decided to keep.  I have to go through books to give to the church sale and that is not easy.

They have little money but have built a lot of shelf's and even though they thought they had lots of books it all looks pretty bare.  Yes, no cozy chairs yet but a sign out front saying opening soon.

I have had great joy sharing books with my friends.

Dad has an eye appointment today and I will take a book along.

Had a cherry phone call from Sandra enjoying the liquid sunshine down in Kingston.

Happy Birthday to Randy.  No fooling on April Fools Day!

"Let me live in a house by the side of the road
  Where the race of men go by
Men who are good and men who are bad
  As good and as bad as I."
--Sam Foss

So I will enjoy reading and being apart of the lives of others.






4 comments:

Sandra said...

Yes, it is always nice to have the sunshine but the visit is still a success with it it. Just have to get started on the birthday cake! Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

That sounds like a lot of reading to me....2 bagfulls of books! When I used to belong to the Winnipeg library, I used to bring home some lovely books with photos to browse through, as well. I do miss it, but the non residents fee went up to $125 and it became too costly. I am sure it is a lot more now.

I am reading a novel called Plain Truth by Jodi Picault. It is the fifth book I have read, written by her. It is about the likely murder of a baby and the Amish people. It gives good insight into the daily lives of the Amish. interesting.

I am going to take Max and Bella for a walk now, before the nasty weather rolls in later today...wind and snow and brrrrrr cold. They are predicting a big storm for Tuesday and Carl has a doctor's appointment in Winnipeg that day. We will have to wait and see what really happens. One never knows when it comes to the weatherman, do they?

Love, Nancy

You are a busy couple...always doing something!

nancy-Lou said...

ooohh I see a Jodi Picault book...in your photo of the book.....one I haven't read yet...Having Time. Let me know if you enjoy it, Beth!

The one I enjoyed the most is The Storyteller. It took place during the war in Germany...about the Jewish people and their families who were sent to internment camps as well as current days when the granddaughter takes up the story.

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

What worry when you have to be concerned about the weather.

I can't wait to see that birthday cake.

Love Mom